Weight Lifting Ladies? Supportive Buddies?

Options
Helloooo!

I've been on MFP for well over a year and a half and I just love it!

Unfortunately, friends come and go on here (life happens) so I'm looking to make some new, supportive friends! I'm sassy, I curse, I'm not a fan of starving yourself and love weight lifting!

I've been lifting heavy for almost 8 months and I'm hooked. I love the way my body is looking and I love how it makes me feel. I have a few great ladies in my friend's list that lift and am constantly inspired by their amazing transformations.

I'm still a little wobbly with food, but it's getting there. I'll still have ice cream every now and then or a beer or two, everything in moderation. I'm teaching myself sustainable eating habits and reasonable portion sizes. Being an emotional eater/binger, this is a challenge. One that I feel like I'm finally getting control over.

Thanks for reading and wish you all great success!

Replies

• JustSammi
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sammi. I'm in my 5th week of Stronglifts 5x5 and also looking for weightlifting friends. I'll add you. :) x
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am learning to lift right now with a personal trainer. When I am done with the trainer I plan to try either starting strength or NROLFW.

Add me.
  • xmeganxtarax
    Options
    Add me, I lift 4x a week and I am a mom of 1 crazy, high needs toddler. Right now I am doing the LIVEFIT program by Jamie Eason and I LOVE IT! I am addicted to weights.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I started NROLFW but now i'm kinda doing my own thing to accommodate my schedule. I'll probably end up getting back into a program soon, add me! I'm 5'3" 150 looking to be somewhere around 120.. Just fit, really!
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just sent out a bunch of adds!

Thanks ladies!
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    While you are at it, you can feel free to add me too! I just started the Stronglifts program and while I'm making sure I have the form down right now I'm excited to add some weight and see how much further it takes me!