some inspiration please

Options
not to be a debby-downer, but it's so hard for me to feel as though it will work out this time around. i've tried EVERYTHING before this site. i want to lose weight so badly but i'm tired of giving it my all and seeing nothing. i guess i just wanted someone who felt like me to tell me how they overcame this and lost some weight finally.

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    i know it's unfair, and hard, and frustrating, and confusing, and tiring, and depressing... and maybe even a little pointless at times...but you can either sit back doing nothing and let your weight control you every day for the rest of your life, or you can keep fighting every day and know that no matter what, you gave it your all. i've been in your place before--a million and one times (or maybe more). i've lost and gained weight back so many times that i can't even keep track any more. i've tried hitting the gym every day, i've tried eating less calories, then more calories, i've tried cutting back on the gym, i've tried eating different foods and drinking more water, and i've even tried starving myself. some things have worked, but others haven't. i've been feeling pretty down lately about my weight loss recently as well. i weighed 113 in December of my senior year, and then i managed to gain over 15 pounds of that back by that following summer. i took a little bit of it off, but gained it all back again by the time i came home for college. i was hoping to make it back down to 113, or even 110 by the time school started again, but i know there's no way in hell that's going to happen. i've only lost six pounds from coming home, even though i've put in the time, effort, and dedication to have lost the weight i wanted. it sucks, it's not fair, and it pisses me off to no end. and that's why i can't give up. i can't let this beat me again. i can't sit back and spend the rest of my life knowing that i settled when i could've put more into it. at this point, i'll be happy to be back down to the same weight as i was before i left for college last summer. and then i'll focus the rest of the year on getting off those extra 12 pounds. for the time being, it's just about all i can do to keep myself from going nuts over everything. have patience, be strong, accept help when you need it, try different things to help with your weigh loss, and always take the small victories when you can get them. i hope this helps.
  • adunkin22
    adunkin22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    you're completely right. i would prefer to think that it will all work out rather than worry about it not working out. i just PRAY it really does work out. you're right, it's the most frustrating thing to give it your all and see that it makes no difference. i hope, for you and i both, that we eventually figure out what works for us. i really appreciate what you said. it made me cry a little, because i do let my weight control me a little. like at work tonight, i wore shorts because it's so freaking hot outside, but i was so self-conscious most of the night. i should've just enjoyed the fact that i had enough courage at one point to put the shorts on, and that i wasn't burning up all night. thanks for your motivating words. honestly, they helped so much (:

by the way, i stole your quote... i just loved it (:
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    *smirks* i did see your quote earlier and wanted to ask you about it...hehe.

i honestly and whole heartedly hope that we both find what really works for us soon as well. it's so aggravating at times, and i really need to get things in check for when i go back to school in august. otherwise, i'm just gonna gain it all back again. my weight unfortunately still controls me as well. i give you kudos for wearing shorts in public. i still won't do it, even after all these years. the only thing i feel truly comfortable in is pants. even when i go swimming somewhere with my fiance, i can't even wear a one piece or a bikini-- i always have to wear board shorts and a bikini top. and when we're out there and i'm suppose to be having a good old time, the only thing i can think of is how much i hate my legs, and how much i hate for other people to be looking at them. it's nice to know that we're in this boat together. i really appreciate your support and encouragement. we can beat this together!