General tips when starting

2»

Replies

• Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    All I did was share what I did and how it worked for me. But it seems people here took differently. I guess I’m better off looking for a different forum.

Please don't let me discourage you from posting here. That was not my intention. I am pretty new to posting here as well. At the moment I have a couple of my posts on other threads that have been ill-received and thus do not feel particularity welcomed, so I would hate to be the source of that for someone else.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Thanks! I signed up to train for a 5K. That was Day One of training!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    These are some simple things I did that helped me when I started losing weight. I lost 15 lbs in about 10 weeks just by doing this. Nothing too crazy.

1. 5 small meals a day
    2. At least half a gallon of water a day
    3. No refined sugar
    4. No refined salt
    5. Would only drink water, milk (2%) or coffee
    6. Minimize processed foods
    7. At least 2 servings of fruit per day
    8. At least 3 servings of vegetables per day
    9. Multivitamin
    10. Sleep as much as possible

7, 8 and 10 are good for anyone. The rest doesn't matter and is just preference. Energy balance is all that really matters for weight loss. How one gets there is up to them.

This list worked for you. Great. I would hate it. And I've lost 30 lbs without doing most of it.

#10 is not good for me. I can sleep 18 hours a day, easy. That's not good.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    These are some simple things I did that helped me when I started losing weight. I lost 15 lbs in about 10 weeks just by doing this. Nothing too crazy.

1. 5 small meals a day
    2. At least half a gallon of water a day
    3. No refined sugar
    4. No refined salt
    5. Would only drink water, milk (2%) or coffee
    6. Minimize processed foods
    7. At least 2 servings of fruit per day
    8. At least 3 servings of vegetables per day
    9. Multivitamin
    10. Sleep as much as possible

7, 8 and 10 are good for anyone. The rest doesn't matter and is just preference. Energy balance is all that really matters for weight loss. How one gets there is up to them.

This list worked for you. Great. I would hate it. And I've lost 30 lbs without doing most of it.

#10 is not good for me. I can sleep 18 hours a day, easy. That's not good.

Lol! Well as long as you're getting 8 or 9 hours......