Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fitbit Tracker Calorie Adjustment

Hello!
A question for those who sync their Fitbit to their MFP. Do you leave your Fitbit tracker calorie adjustment on as your calories burned do you replace that with actual exercise calories burned... I'm trying to get an accurate as possible calories in vs calories out count. Can anyone help?
Thank you:)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I let my Fitbit handle all my calorie adjustments, I don't log anything or replace it. I bought it specifically for the ability to sync and adjust calories, so I don't see the point of messing with it.

I'm also not sure what you mean by "actual exercise calories burned." Your Fitbit *is* providing an estimate of the actual calories you burnt that day. If you deleted the calorie adjustment, what would you be replacing it with?
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    I do the same as @janejellyroll in that I let Fitbit take care of my adjustments. It has worked well for me.
  • connieciasullo1977
    connieciasullo1977 Posts: 4 Member
    @janejellyroll Thank you... I usually replace it with the actual calories burned during weight training or cardio sessions (I get this information in the Fitbit) app... so if you think that fitbit's calories burned are accurate enough then I'm with you:)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    @janejellyroll Thank you... I usually replace it with the actual calories burned during weight training or cardio sessions (I get this information in the Fitbit) app... so if you think that fitbit's calories burned are accurate enough then I'm with you:)

I'm still confused. You replace the information that FitBit is syncing to MFP, with numbers that you get, from FitBit?

Perhaps some clarity on what those adjustments represent - they are the difference between what MFP thinks you would burn, based on the stats you entered and activity level you chose during set up (excluding exercise) and what FitBit says you actually burned. It isn't necessarily going to be "this is how much I burned from my cardio session", it is "I burned 2200 cals today in total and MFP thinks I should only be burning 1800 cals so I have a 400 cal adjustment".

Hope that helps.
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    I cant even get mine to sync. Ugh!