Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Keep at it!

I just wanted to offer some motivation for anyone feeling frustrated.

Last year I lost 10-15 pounds successfully using MFP. I took a break from January-mid June and held off all but a pound or two. I decided to lose a few more pounds, and got back into counting. And I did not see the scale budge at all...until today!

Even though I *KNOW* that the scale sometimes takes time to catch up with your efforts, it was still really frustrating. But, I did not quit, or try to cut my calories by a bunch more, or make any other changes. Stick with it everyone, remember that even if it doesn't show up on the scale yet, if you're eating at a deficit it will eventually!

Replies

• Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    I don’t own a scale, otherwise I’ll just get disheartened by checking every day. Instead I check my weight when I go to my inlaws. It really helps for those who are obsessive at checking the weight.
    I once lost a total of 60cm from thigh, waist, arm, hips, chest. The scale only moved 3kg. Measurements are the way to go!
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 533 Member
    I just wanted to offer some motivation for anyone feeling frustrated.

Last year I lost 10-15 pounds successfully using MFP. I took a break from January-mid June and held off all but a pound or two. I decided to lose a few more pounds, and got back into counting. And I did not see the scale budge at all...until today!

Even though I *KNOW* that the scale sometimes takes time to catch up with your efforts, it was still really frustrating. But, I did not quit, or try to cut my calories by a bunch more, or make any other changes. Stick with it everyone, remember that even if it doesn't show up on the scale yet, if you're eating at a deficit it will eventually!

Truth. Patience is the name of this game.

I recently re-activated my Trendweight account, recalling how it smoothed out my fluctuations, awesome site. You do however need a Fitbit account to use Trendweight, but do not need the Fitbit or the scales, though.
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    nic_27_grassisgreener Posts: 193 Member
    Fursian wrote: »
    I recently re-activated my Trendweight account, recalling how it smoothed out my fluctuations, awesome site. You do however need a Fitbit account to use Trendweight, but do not need the Fitbit or the scales, though.

There are other apps that do a similar thing! I use Libra which is available for Android.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 533 Member
    Yeah, heard of that one. I'm one of those that like to operate from a PC desktop, though, so Trendweight did the job.

Thanks for posting, by the way. It's always great to hear of others trooping on, not giving up and having their hard work paying off, much success to you! B)