Shoulder Subluxation

Options
Hi there,

I have been having chronic shoulder subluxation for about a year and a half now. I only recently figured out what it was lol...

Long story short I am afraid to work out, I fear my arm will slip out of joint especially when doing things like side planks ( it happened once)

Anyone else suffering from this?? Any suggestions on safe workouts??

Replies

• Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Guess nobody suffers from this?
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I have knee subluxation and I have a brace from my doctor. This is an issue you should talk to your dr about, not something you should take the advice of strangers for. Everyone is different.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    I just got an x-ray and awaiting results in the meantime just was wondering what other ppl's experiences are.
  • Rayanne203
    Options
    It's a little bit of a specific question. My husband has this, and really the above poster is right. You need to see a doctor and probably do some physical therapy. This doesn't mean no exercise, it just means the correct exercises until your shoulder is stronger, and then to adapt the exercises you do going forward. There's no way for me or anyone here to tell you what they are, but I can reassure you that this doesn't mean you can never exercise again.

Thank you it's good to hear that I can still exercise...I am just trying to avoid anything with shoulders lol. Which seems difficult because so many exercises incorporate them! :(
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Is that where the shoulder goes out of its socket? I've been getting that for years with both shoulders (both started after injuries). It only happens like once every 1-2 years and pops back in with some coaxing. Last time it happened, I decided to go to the doctor. They didn't see anything on the x-ray (and I'm thinking, no **** sherlock, I got it back into place already), told me everything's fine, and sent me on my way. (At that moment I remembered why I rarely bother seeing a doctor.)

I notice the shoulders are more likely to give me problems when I push myself too much with the weights. So I give 90% instead of 100%. I never have problems when doing cardio. Hope you get some answers from your doctor soon!