Anyone have a FOOD ADDICTION?!

Options
Hi I am Tasha, I struggle with a food addiction and hope I can find friends to support me when I want to give into cravings. I am a mom of 3 and gained 50+ pounds from having three babies! I am ready for a change, but having some help would be nice I need fit friends! :smiley:

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Have you tried telling yourself you have control over your intake? By telling yourself you're an addict, you're behaving like one and giving in to your cravings.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Everybody does, and withdrawals a *kitten*!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't have a food addiction, but I love food and find it pleasurable. There is a big difference between telling yourself that you're addicted (powerless) and knowing you just find food more very pleasurable (all you need is balance pleasure and goals).

I suggest you read the stickies. Dieting can feel more intimidating and stressful than it should be, but it doesn't have to be. There are ways to still enjoy food and lose weight with a few tricks and some discipline.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If all the babies are out by now, I think you gained weight from eating too much, not from having babies? I don't think food addiction is a thing, but that what you're dealing with is bad habits, unrealistic expectations, maybe compulsive overeating, so I would investigate if thinking about it as addiction, is helping you solve your problems, or making it harder.