What's a good jean cut?

Options
BL_Mark
BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
What kind of jean cut should I get? I'm too old for baggy jeans and refuse to wear skinny jeans... EVER. In this pic, I'm wearing bootcut from Old Navy... they're 42/30's... think I need to get a shorter inseam. I dunno. I'm 5/10 so I'm no the shorter side.

Picture11_zpsceb34c20.png

Replies

• WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I say since you have lost so much weight you just go in and try different fits on. Don't just assume a certain fit won't look good on you. That was my problem when i lost all my weight. i still wanted to shop for "big" clothes and they swallowed me whole lol. It took me a long time to get over that. Just take a day and try on new styles...you might surprise yourself. Try some relaxed fit jeans.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Relaxed fit are pretty safe.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    And congrats on the weight loss.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You look like you have a similar shape to my husband. He looks best in a slimmer cut. NOT skinny jeans by any stretch of the imagination, but something straight and not baggy. Usually called "straight" or "slim cut". You need something a little bit closer to the body, otherwise what you're wearing is all baggy and you look bigger than you are.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Relaxed jeans?
  • BL_Mark
    Options
    Thanks!... I just want to have those "dad jean"
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    You look like you have a similar shape to my husband. He looks best in a slimmer cut. NOT skinny jeans by any stretch of the imagination, but something straight and not baggy. Usually called "straight" or "slim cut". You need something a little bit closer to the body, otherwise what you're wearing is all baggy and you look bigger than you are.

this
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    straight cut for sure. Loose or baggy do not work
  • AshleyM71
    AshleyM71 Posts: 3,029 Member
    Options
    Straight low rise skinny jeans
  • BL_Mark
    Options
    Thanks for the input!... lookin' forward to going shopping this weekend. Job interview next week!!!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    We are a similar shape and height. When I lost weight, had to stop looking at loose or relaxed, they are too bunchy. I now wear "slim" or "straight" as mentioned. Levi's 505s work well and come in shorter than 30 inseams for us short guys.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I would say the inseam depends on where you are wearing the jeans. If you aren't pulling them up all the way, the inseam may need to be shorter, but a 30 or 32 is probably more accurate for your height. Since you wear them a bit lower on your hips, though, maybe a 28 would be better. Just something to think about!

Edit: PS Grats on the progress, you are doing an awesome job!!! :)
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first pair of straight leg jeans about a month ago. They are WAY less baggy than the boot cuts jeans i've been wearing and the insteam is much shorter as well. They look good, but it took some getting used to.

I've been hitting up the 2nd hand stores while I've been going through sizes and it's saved me a bunch of money. I got my straight legs jeans from such a store and there were brand new with the tags still on them. Great find and was 1/2 of what I would have paid at Hollister.