A little worried

Options
I’m getting to a point where I am struggling to get all my calories in everyday. I eat when my tells me to eat but at the end of the day I’m left with 800-900 calories consumed and not having an appetite what so ever, so I have been forcing myself to get those last 200-100 calories in. I get nauseated a bit when I do force it but if I don’t I will go completely back to being anorexic and only eating 100-200 calories a day. Sometimes I ate nothing but drank juice. I like the keto diet and it’s working for me but I’m kind of worried it’s messing up my brain. Anyone else found this to be an issue? I feel like I’m the only one.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I read your 'about me' and only want to say that I hope you don't go back to the place you don't want to go.

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Is there someone you can talk to when you're going through struggles with your eating? It helps me a lot that I can turn to my therapist or my parents when I'm having troubles (on the other end of the spectrum - I struggle with binge eating). All we can do here is offer ways to help you get your calories in with less volume, but it may not help if you're not in the right headspace. Would you be able to get a little peanut butter with an apple or celery to help you? A little bit would go a long way.
  • thechiopodist
    thechiopodist Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Eat less protein, it's very filling, try more carbs. Also, speak to whatever support you have. We can give you our opinions here but if you feel you are slipping back, then get professional help. Good luck.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    try to eat the higher calorie foods like peanut butter, protien shakes, bars, malts, etc
    don't be afraid to ask for medical help if needed
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I’m getting to a point where I am struggling to get all my calories in everyday. I eat when my tells me to eat but at the end of the day I’m left with 800-900 calories consumed and not having an appetite what so ever, so I have been forcing myself to get those last 200-100 calories in. I get nauseated a bit when I do force it but if I don’t I will go completely back to being anorexic and only eating 100-200 calories a day. Sometimes I ate nothing but drank juice. I like the keto diet and it’s working for me but I’m kind of worried it’s messing up my brain. Anyone else found this to be an issue? I feel like I’m the only one.

the keto diet isn't working for you if it isn't enabling you to hit your calorie goal.

ETA: also, given your stats it is doubtful that 1200 cals is anywhere near enough so you're massively under eating.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Why are you aiming for only 1000 calories per day?