Strong curves program

Options
Anyone on here doing strong curves program

Replies

• rachellep103
    rachellep103 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's a very popular program here. I'm on week 9.
    Did you have specific questions or just inquiring about results?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I've run it in the past and am pretty knowledge about it. Now I run similar programming following that template.

Let me know if you have any questions
  • Plantpower1982
    Plantpower1982 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I want to start it tomorrow. I’m slim but have a fair bit of fat which I’d like gone but without extra muscle I’d look horrendous if I lost more weight. Once I cut after gaining should the fat go. Plus do you guys food prep every week. I don’t eat meat, plant based gains is what I’m aiming for x
  • sardelsa
    Options
    What are your stats? If you are close to or underweight or very lean I would eat in surplus to gain. You will gain some fat but keeping the surplus moderate you can minimize it. There comes a point where you can't keep chasing leanness without adequate muscle base and just have to go for the bulk.

You can also eat at maintenance to recomp but I would only do this if you were mid to high weight for your height and higher bodyfat. It can be very slow.
  • Plantpower1982
    Options
    I’m more close to underweight yes definitely. 5 2 and probably now under 8 stone but I have fat around middle and on bum and legs. I’m 36 and think stomach excess is mainly off stress and consuming too much sugar. In ideal world I’d love to lose it before I gain but i probably would become underweight. I seem to gain muscle quickly
  • sardelsa
    Options
    I’m more close to underweight yes definitely. 5 2 and probably now under 8 stone but I have fat around middle and on bum and legs. I’m 36 and think stomach excess is mainly off stress and consuming too much sugar. In ideal world I’d love to lose it before I gain but i probably would become underweight. I seem to gain muscle quickly

If that's the case I would spend some time in maintenance as you start the program, hang there for a few months and when you are ready gain 0.5lb or a bit less per week.

If you are not happy with your body composition with your stats, it's not so much the fat that is the issue, but lack of muscle base.
  • Plantpower1982
    Options
    I’ll be heading to gym tomorrow to do weights, my problem is I start then stop. Great advice yeah I’ll maintain then when I’m feeling bit better start gaining. I don’t mind been this size but only if I’m more toned. My bums shrank lol, it’s usually biggish for my little frame
  • Plantpower1982
    Options
    1st one done today. Going to print it off so I can mark down reps weights etc. Enjoyed it
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Hey sorry to hijack the post but I am interested in buying this book, what equipment do you need to do this program? I work out at home and only have a barbell, I'm assuming I need dumbbells? They are so expensive :(
  • sardelsa
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Hey sorry to hijack the post but I am interested in buying this book, what equipment do you need to do this program? I work out at home and only have a barbell, I'm assuming I need dumbbells? They are so expensive :(

There is an at home/bodyweight program in the book and for that you need an exercise mat, exercise ball, and it says chin-up bar but I am sure you can make substitutions for that if you don't have it. The beginner program uses a combination of bodyweight, dumbbells and barbells but you can make substitutions for the dumbbells if you need to.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    It would probably be better to have dumbbells though, do you think? I don’t really want to do body weight only. Currently I’m doing Strong lifts, so barbell only. I’m thinking I could just buy Olympic style dumbbell bars so I can put my plates that I already have on them. Downside is the bars will be pretty long and I wouldn’t be able to do certain things or they will clink together. OR I can get a couple bars and plates from wal mart for like $65 altogether.