Lift, cardio, or both?

Options
I am a huge proponent of lifting (with some cardio thrown into the mix for the heart health benefits). I found that this article sums up my thoughts nicely.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content/fat-loss-training-wars.html

Replies

• 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Great article. I personally, do both.

Any fitness program that doesn't include some form of Cardio isn't much of a fitness program. Fitness should include whole body (mind) health. imho

Doesn't do me or anyone else any good if I can lift like an Ox, but can't run 5k to save someones life.
  • snemberton
    snemberton Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm doing both and I'm loving how even two days a week doing some strength training is helping with my loss and overall mindset this time trying to lose weight. I'm certainly not building muscle all that much while I'm in a deficit, I do see that I'm less noodle armed than before. I've also had to stop cardio in the past because of a disk issue in my back getting aggravated. Building my core strength this time has prevented that issue and kept me going. Plus honestly, I may not be lifting more than 15lb dumbbells just yet, being able to not be intimidated by the thought of the free weight section is quite motivating in itself.