Cut more or start maintenance?

Options
Im 6'2" 26 yo and 185 pounds. My end goal is to be 195 and 10% bf. I've lost 70 pounds so far and really want to do my bulk cycle correctly. With that said idk how much more weight to lose. I have no access to accurately measure my body fat but I would guess anywhere from 16%-19% bf. Should i go ahead and drop another 15-20 pounds or should i continue to start maintenance once I hit 180? https://ibb.co/j2517T

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Or do a bit of recomp for a while and then decide?
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Based on your picture, I don't think you should drop an additional 15-20 lbs. At 6'2 and 185, you are already at a healthy BMI. In terms of body fat%, I would say you are more likely around 15%. I doubt you are as high as 19%. Trying to lose another 15-20 lbs will cost you muscle, in my opinion.

Since your goal weight is 195, you could probably do a controlled bulk and put on 10-12 lbs, then cut back to 190 and see how that looks, and, if necessary, do another bulk cycle.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Also, if you are looking to bulk, you will need to have a surplus of calories, not eat at maintenance.