Fitbit question

Options
If I am syncing my fitbit over, should my base calories be set at 1200 for sedentary and then take the adjustment? Or do i have it set at the 1500 for lightly active plus the adjustment? But that seems like double dipping.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If I am syncing my fitbit over, should my base calories be set at 1200 for sedentary and then take the adjustment? Or do i have it set at the 1500 for lightly active plus the adjustment? But that seems like double dipping.

You Fitbit is only going to give you an adjustment based on how much more actual activity was performed vs what the activity level was. It's not double dipping. If you set light active but are actually very active, you're only going to get an adjustment for that difference.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You can choose whichever activity setting you like. Your adjustments will be based on that. Your adjustments from the Fitbit only begin when you've moved *more* than your activity setting would have predicted, so you won't double-dip. If you choose "sedentary," you will begin to see adjustments after less activity than you will if you choose "lightly active," but you'll end up with the same amount of calories when all is said and done. The difference is that with "lightly active," you're getting more calories "upfront."
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I just cant believe how much I actually move and how much I must have actually been eating to get this over weight. My calorie allowance seems like a huge number but I must have been eating more then that or I wouldn't be fat.
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You can choose whichever activity setting you like. Your adjustments will be based on that. Your adjustments from the Fitbit only begin when you've moved *more* than your activity setting would have predicted, so you won't double-dip. If you choose "sedentary," you will begin to see adjustments after less activity than you will if you choose "lightly active," but you'll end up with the same amount of calories when all is said and done. The difference is that with "lightly active," you're getting more calories "upfront."

I just changed it from sedentary to lightly active and my fitbit calorie adjustment remained the same number of calories. Did I do something wrong?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

I just changed it from sedentary to lightly active and my fitbit calorie adjustment remained the same number of calories. Did I do something wrong?

It probably needs to synch.