In It to Win It—> 1st day! —> 1500 calories?

Options
bubitas613
bubitas613 Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2018 in Motivation and Support
Hi All,

I’m here because I’ve hit rock bottom and I’m at the highest weight I’ve ever been at in my life- straight up obesity central!! :s

I am female, 34 years old, 5’7, weighing a whopping 283lbs!!! :o:o:o I can’t believe it! I mean I feel it, but I can’t believe it! I stepped on the scale today and almost cried...

Anyway, I’m here now. I set MFP to lose 2lbs a week which gave me 1540 calories. I am very sedentary as I work from home on a computer all day, and just lounge at home afterwards, and when my hubby gets home, we lounge around some more. I did start walking my dogs 3-4 times a week late at night for about a mile, but honestly I feel so heavy and gross. I think back to the time I was a gym rat in my 20s and how fit I was (even though I thought I was fat then), and wish I could go back in time and tell myself I was fit and beautiful and to love myself a little more.

Well here we are now. My goal is to lose 100lbs by next summer. We just bought a beautiful home with a pool, and would love nothing more than to enjoy it to the fullest next summer in a much better looking and healthier body!

I was wondering if any of you would care to share your success with eating 1500 calories and little exercise (as I lose weight I plan to move more, but right now I just feel ‘blah’).

Thanks in advance!
M.E.

Replies

• chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    When I started I was 280 something and am down to 248 I am 54yrs and 5'7 so I know how you feel and MFP has me at 1330 calories and am very sedentary because of bad knees but am losing just remember your diet is most important for weight loss and excersise is more for health
  • fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I’m down almost 10lbs on 1590 cals + exercise cals, so usually around 1800 for the day. When it comes to moving more, I think your one year goal is going to really helpful. You can afford to start slow. I have a pretty hardcore breathing condition and when I bought my treadmill 3 years ago, I started walking at 1mph for 15 minutes. After 12 weeks of walking everyday, I could do 3mph for 60 minutes. Good luck!!!