HELP! LOW CARB BINGE

Options
tyoung8
tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
Hello!,

I am writing this because I am thinking of eating some delicious watermelon, and pineapples this weekened. (to avoid liquor, chips, candy, and ice cream).

I know being low carb those fruits are BIG NO-NO's but to me its the lesser of two evils.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Watermelon and pineapple sounds like a healthier binge than candy and booze to me. I'm of the mindset that foods aren't evil, especially not fresh fruit.

So I think you should enjoy those delicious summer treats ~ maybe just keep mindful of portion control.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    The watermelon should be OK due to its high water content. It will fill you up faster so you won't eat as much. Depending on how long and how low your low carb diet has been going on, you might get a headache with the influx of sugar that pineapple has, so I'd say take it slow on the pineapple. Regardless, I know these are simple carbs, but the nutritional basis has some great vitamins in it. Maybe look at altering some other things for the day to balance it out. And try to avoid anything fatty with or shortly after the pineapple since your insulin will go up. Have fun this weekend!
  • RubyRunner14
    RubyRunner14 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Water and pineapple are actually very high in sugar despite being high in water content. People on Paleo generally avoid these foods because of their sugar content.

Try berries, apples, and figs/dates/raisins. They have more fiber.

I'm on Keto and if I need something sweet I always go for peanut butter. Believe me, I've had my veggie cravings.
  • tyoung8
    Options
    Thanks everybody!

Yes. im pretty low in the carb area no more than 50 g per day.

Maybe ill try strawberries and maybe either pineapples, or watermelon. but not both. We are cooking out at my house and I need something to keep me away from a week ruining binge.
  • cseckinger1
    Options
    I do low carb too. I say enjoy that fresh watermelon & pineapple & go back on plan tomorrow.
  • mlnick69
    mlnick69 Posts: 84
    Options
    A lot of people on low carb diets do carb cycling, which is basically eating lots of carbs once every 7-14 days to replenish your livers glycogen supplies. They claim this really boosts weight loss/metabolism/energy. Could be a good thing for you?
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I don't think one day of carbing out will kill your plan. I've been LC for just over 4 weeks now. Had 2 carb-out days where I ate/drank whatever I wanted and still lost about 8 pounds during that time. My plan is under 30g net per day.

Hmmm...maybe I need another carb-out day soon! :drinker:
  • katbirdinpa
    Options
    I stick with apples or berries for my fruit/sugar fix
  • tyoung8
    Options
    Ive tried carb cyclying! big diasaster! once I have too many carbs I have to have more and more and more and more. I need to stay under and then gradually bring them back up.