A Hobbit Looking for the Greatest Adventure!

Options
kgeiger141
kgeiger141 Posts: 78 Member
I'm basically a person that constantly eats throughout the day (a hobbit more or less).

I have breakfast, a first snack, a second snack, lunch, a third snack, a fourth snack dinner and a fifth snack, sometimes a sixth snack if I'm still hungry.

I have a slight problem when it comes to my meals, however, because I want to try new recipes, but I usually stick to 300-400 calorie lunches, lunch being the largest meal of the day. Anyone know any recipes that are filling, not too terribly complicated (I work in an office, so something that could be prepared here), and lower calorie?

An example of a lunch I rather enjoyed was turkey burger pita sandwiches! I took two Morning Glory turkey burgers, one wheat pita, and one slice of cheese and had these turkey burgers that were a little over 300 calories for the entire meal and super filling!

Replies

• CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, wherein I have to cook lunch at work - usually involving a microwave.

I grabbed a package of Thin and Trim Chicken Sausages, checked down the organic aisle in stop and shop and bought some whole grain white cheddar mac and cheese, cut up half of an avocado and half of a tomato ....it was awesome.

However, after reading your title, I will try and look for healthy recipes for the following link:
    http://blog.cookingchanneltv.com/2012/12/10/how-to-build-a-hobbit-menu-with-recipes/