Weight Watchers Dropout

Options
2»

Replies

• FrankCanDoit
    FrankCanDoit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Also, like someone stated above, they allow to many points these days imo. I still dont get how somethign can be ZERO points and have calories in it. People binge on stuff when they hear that and think that its ok, its not.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I am a returning MFP'r. Had amazing success using MFP but allowed a new job to derail my progress. I need to get back into healthy eating habits, exercise and using the MFP community to keep me focused!!

Good luck on your journey! :smiley:
  • anothermfpuser
    anothermfpuser Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Intake isn't about points in real life, it's about calories. Burn more calories than you bring in and you should lose weight. Honest and accurate tracking will put you on the road to success.

Best of all, when you've hit your goal weight you have learned from the experience and have learned something about dietary needs to fuel yourself.
  • joalelba
    joalelba Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I dropped out of WW again since the new "freestyle" points program didn't work for me (lost 8 lbs and have been at that point for the last 3 mos). So jumped back into MFP. Here's to looking ahead! :)
  • calliebriley88
    calliebriley88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also a WW drop out. I found success with WW in the past but they changed their program and I couldn’t ever get with it. I’ve just started MFP and am so excited! I have 65 pounds to lose. 😕 But I’ll get there! Good luck to you!
  • meatbal263
    meatbal263 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I only attend because I am a lifetime member but its changed so they really aren't about weight loss as much as healthy lifestyle and I read it as we don't want lifetimers who don't pay we want you to continue to come here weekly and pay your fee and talk about healthy lifestyles. there are no more bravo stickers, talk of weekly weightloss or asking lifetime members to stand and get acknowledged. Newbies are happy but it will only be so long before word gets around and they take a dive. its sad because they weren't like that until IMO the new CEO came on board. now its about revenue.
  • JMcD1982
    JMcD1982 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've never had success with any of those programs. Just study on different options for weight loss and how to count your calories and your macros. I am currently doing intermittent fasting which is helping out tremendously. Figure our your BMR and go from there with the your calorie intake and what is needed for weight loss. Typically it takes -500 of your BMR to lose 1lb/week. We are all here to support you and if you ever need motivation just stop on by.
  • Peaches1172
    Peaches1172 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same here! The new WW plan didnt work for me either
  • lbryans929
    lbryans929 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The good news is, MFP is working. What *is* working for you all?
  • flschwartz
    flschwartz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    KimStapes wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I’m new to MFP. I’m also a recent weight watchers dropout. For some reason I couldn’t get the plan to work for me, and after 5 months of trying and getting nowhere, I decided to try this. I have 46 pounds to lose, I’m nervous I won’t see results since I just experienced that with WW.

Any advice for me?
    Has anyone else switched from WW and found success with MFP?

Thanks!!!
    KimStapes wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I’m new to MFP. I’m also a recent weight watchers dropout. For some reason I couldn’t get the plan to work for me, and after 5 months of trying and getting nowhere, I decided to try this. I have 46 pounds to lose, I’m nervous I won’t see results since I just experienced that with WW.

Any advice for me?
    Has anyone else switched from WW and found success with MFP?

Thanks!!!

• ryando
    ryando Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just switched from weight watchers also. I did lose weight but I didn’t buy into the 0 point thing. I used too much and those are calories. This is free anyway. I just track everything like on ww. My problem is the damn weekends. Good luck
  • Mac_Bett
    Mac_Bett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm currently running both at once, but I agree about the zero point thing. As soon as they set fruit at zero points I started gaining a pound a week. Before that I lost a pound a week... Bits of WW are good: tracking absolutely every blasted thing that goes into your mouth and being honest about it; I like the recipes (although the dessert recipes are dreadful - I'd rather have no dessert at all than eat most of those); I dislike the rah-rah we're all in this together style but most people love it. I gave up the meetings because they all wanted me to buy something new, and I disliked that there was so much emphasis on prepackaged food and so little on cooking at home, but the app is easy and I do like the ability to 'favourite' food (and wish we had it here). I've got the same sort of 40-odd pounds to lose, and I've lost 15 of them so far :D Onward and downward!
  • ecs1516
    ecs1516 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was looking at weight watchers because a friend joined. I can't understand the 200 item free list which includes all fruits I checked. Cantaloupe, grapes, pineapple etc. Not sure how they would not count.
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've never been on WW (don't want to spend $$$ to lose weight), but I'm starting to have success with MFP. As the others before me have said, it's a great, user-friendly app, and the community here is awesome. Don't be nervous - keep a positive attitude and stay motivated. Make sure to get in all your healthy calories (no skipping meals), drink plenty of water, and exercise. If you really want this bad, you'll lose the weight :)
  • henry_ok
    henry_ok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hope you find your force and lose the weight you want yo lose. It's not easy I kniw. It's mind over matter and determination. Doesn't matter what temptations are around, if you want this badly, you will do it. We are all here to support you.
  • 2BThinAgain5
    2BThinAgain5 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Recent dropout here as well. I've been on and off WW for about 17 years. At first, weight loss was good. Over the years I've found that it's very hard for me to connect with a leader. I too, found the app to be very user-friendly, but I'm liking MFP much more every day because I can see breakdown of carbs, fats, protein, etc. Plus, I don't feel so limited if I want to have a sweet. Much more manageable. The free foods are a real struggle for me as well - I can eat eggs all the time and still go waaay over my daily calorie limit. Calories in - calories out is what is working for me! So, here's to new found freedom from WW fees and leaders that (in my experience) just don't get it and are not helpful.