I always forget to log...

DoubleUbea
DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
Is there anything you routinely forget or miss logging?

I don't always log my water, and I count my ice tea (lemon, no sugar) as a water.

I don't remember to log herbs and spices. I make my own spice mixes but I don't remember how much of each ingredient I used when I made it. (Oregano, basil, etc.)

I like lemon pepper, I sometimes get it in bulk rather than a sealed jar from a manufacture. I use a mixture of salted and unsalted and then add some more pepper and citric acid to it. I don't have an accurate nutritional value to this because it has been changed. The salted has a lot of sodium.

I don't remember to log Trader Joe's 'Everything But the Bagel' spice mix. (five calories per serving)

My gum is five calories, a lot of times I will pop a piece of gum in my mouth as I am walking out the door. This is five calories.

If I remember later I will go back and do a quick add.

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i prelog and adjust as needed the next day
    but i don't log water, i don't see a reason
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I forget to log at all. I really should try using this app for its intended purpose once

you are. just another part of it..

I always log my cardio workouts. Or, rather, my Garmin does it for me...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    I log everyday first thing in the morning. I eat basically the same things everyday except my dinners and after dinner snack, but I know in the morning what I am having for dinner and can pre-log it and adjust it as I prepare dinner.

I log spices if they are part of a recipe (through the recipe builder help me prepare the recipe next time). I don't log water, gum, or anything that I know won't impact my calorie goal too much.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I log condiments, but I feel like most of MFP assumes that they don't have calories/sugar/sodium/etc because I see people logging things like hotdogs, burgers, and the like all the time and no condiments. I hope these heathens aren't actually eating them plain.

I eat hot dogs and cheeseburgers plain so suggit Karen
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    I log condiments, but I feel like most of MFP assumes that they don't have calories/sugar/sodium/etc because I see people logging things like hotdogs, burgers, and the like all the time and no condiments. I hope these heathens aren't actually eating them plain.

I always log my condiments too because I love ketchup but the sugar... :(
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    I log but not on here. I keep trying to make it a habit but then keep forgetting too.

I log my meals in Google Docs. But, is due to having a trainer/coach as I also log my workouts there. Seems redundant and a lot of extra work to log here as well. I eat mostly the same thing every day, so my log is done at night if I can't update during the day.
  • HealthyGinny
    I log my exercise and my healthy food...I do not log the massive amounts of Doritos and Pizza I eat though

I log most of my days but if I eat out on occasion, I won't log that either.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx

I bet most people don't know exactly how much they put on their foods. They probably would pu 1/2tsp when in actuality it's 2Tbsp or more.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member

i use ketchup made with sweetner so its 5 cals per tbsp vs 25....so i log it, but ill admit to i log it very half assed lol i generally just toss in 5 servings and it counts my ketchup and sirracha xD
  • HealthyGinny
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

i use ketchup made with sweetner so its 5 cals per tbsp vs 25....so i log it, but ill admit to i log it very half assed lol i generally just toss in 5 servings and it counts my ketchup and sirracha xD

Nice! I probably would do the same :smile:
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    I log but not on here. I keep trying to make it a habit but then keep forgetting too.

I log my meals in Google Docs. But, is due to having a trainer/coach as I also log my workouts there. Seems redundant and a lot of extra work to log here as well. I eat mostly the same thing every day, so my log is done at night if I can't update during the day.

The other app I log in doesn’t trace back to be beginning of time. So my point in logging here also is for if I ever need to see when I’ve been most successful. However logging there tracks everything I want, to the T and with ease so it is my go to.

Yep, sometimes have to go with what's easiest. Kind of why I like a trainer. They pretty much do everything for me in terms of planning workouts and meals. I just follow orders and make it happen.

Heathen.....

I bet most people don't know exactly how much they put on their foods. They probably would pu 1/2tsp when in actuality it's 2Tbsp or more.

This is true. I actually measure mine out for certain things. I actually try to stay away from things that require condiments when I am on track. I don't measure mustard or Franks because there are no calories, but there is a lot of sodium

About the only condiment I use is Tabasco sauce, and on average is less than 1tsp. Otherwise, I use a pinch of black pepper and Creole seasoning on nearly everything I cook.

I don't make burgers, brats, hot dogs, etc at home since it's just me and I would waste a package of bread or buns since that is the only time I use it. So, if I have them, it's when I'm out and I log the meal. If I go too far off track, I hear about it from my trainer.

She wasn't happy seeing a burrito logged. But, it was worth it. ;)
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member

Ditto. I only really ever used to use ketchup or barbecue sauce and don’t find them worth the sugar now.

I rarely bother to log water or spices. I don’t generally bother with logging gum or vitamins, either. I don’t feel like they make enough of a difference to be worth the effort.
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    I always forget to log my salt intake
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Is there anything you routinely forget or miss logging?

I don't always log my water, and I count my ice tea (lemon, no sugar) as a water.

I don't remember to log herbs and spices. I make my own spice mixes but I don't remember how much of each ingredient I used when I made it. (Oregano, basil, etc.)

I like lemon pepper, I sometimes get it in bulk rather than a sealed jar from a manufacture. I use a mixture of salted and unsalted and then add some more pepper and citric acid to it. I don't have an accurate nutritional value to this because it has been changed. The salted has a lot of sodium.

I don't remember to log Trader Joe's 'Everything But the Bagel' spice mix. (five calories per serving)

My gum is five calories, a lot of times I will pop a piece of gum in my mouth as I am walking out the door. This is five calories.

If I remember later I will go back and do a quick add.

I never log water. Everything else I log to a T. Weighed out and everything. When you make it a habit it gets easier to make it a priority as well.
  • Cookies 😔
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Freezie pops.