Bulk Barn Favs?

Options
kiela64
kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
I am very late to the party at getting a food scale, but I recently did and tried a red lentil pasta from Bulk Barn! I really liked the fibre and protein content, makes an awesomely filling meal and tastes good with a heavier tomato sauce. It's in the database under red lentil penne.

I just bought it on a whim while I was getting psyllium, which I've been taking as a fibre supplement to aid with, well, fibre things. I was wandering and realized that other than the profoundly massive tubs of candy that were always my focus before, they have some pretty interesting things!

So, if you shop or have shopped there, what kinda things do you like/think are awesome/yummy/nutritionally sound/fun to play with/etc? :D

Replies

• tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I've recently bought a bunch of spices. I buy my nuts, sweeteners, pasta, grains, flours, granola and random things I need for baking.
    Its the only place I've found animal crackers for my daughter.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Wow, you weren't kidding about the candy. I had to look up Bulk Barn because at first I thought you were talking about the bulk bins at the supermarket.

bulkcandy-499x329.jpg

I used to buy flours from the bulk bins to make pancakes from scratch. You can get more fiber this way using flours such as chickpea, coconut, almond and oat along with your all-purpose flour.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I was there today! Love those $3 off $10+ coupons!

I usually buy spices, tea, seeds, healthy cereals, items for baking cakes, ingredients I just need a little of in my cooking like special flours, powders for my protein smoothies (they are super expensive, but I don't need much) and treats for my puppy.

Also I like buying small amounts of sweet treats from time to time. They have chocolate covered cherries and "OMG S'mores" that I love! I like being able to buy just a little at a time.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Hockey pasta! I try not to go too often because I end up buying too much candy. 😥
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Hockey pasta! I try not to go too often because I end up buying too much candy. 😥

I know the candy is so enticing 😭