What might be in this sandwich and bagel?

Options
neldabg
neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
edited July 2018 in Food and Nutrition
What might be in this sandwich and bagel, especially the type of bread/bagel, cheese, and spread?
I browsed someone's Instagram page, and they had these two vegetable meals. The problem is, they randomly choose when they will include the ingredients used, and they don't seem like the type to respond quickly, especially to older posts. If it helps, they often tag Aldi.

My guesses for the sandwich are:
Swiss cheese
Whole grain bread
Red peppers
Tomatoes
Banana peppers
Red onion
Broccoli

For the bagel, I guessed:
Red peppers
Tomatoes
Red onion
Broccoli
Mushroom
Red onion
Avocado
Carrot
Cucumber

Would you please help me figure out what else is there?

ghlx7rq9dwwg.jpg

drmgi0hdne09.jpg

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I think the sandwich might have spinach, and that might be carrot on the bottom. I don't particularly think that is Swiss cheese. Looks more like mozzarella or provolone to me, but I'm just guessing. I think there might be some hummus (or something similar) in there too. Looks good!

Too tired to dissect the bagel... ;)
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    That sandwich looks delicious! I have no idea what is all in it though.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    but why?

Because it looks delicious and OP wants to re-create it, is my guess. I kind of want to do the same, because it does in fact look delish.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    There's a spread on the sandwich. My guess is hummus, but it's hard to tell from the picture. It could be some kind of mustard.

The bagel appears to have some kind of cheese, maybe fresh mozzarella.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    There's a spread on the sandwich. My guess is hummus, but it's hard to tell from the picture. It could be some kind of mustard.

bagel spread looks like cream cheese to me.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I think you nailed the ingredients. The thing is, that sandwich won't stand a chance at holding up once you bite into it. I know because I used to eat a plant-based diet and that looks very similar to the monstrosities I built. Better to use all those chunky vegetables another way.
  • neldabg
    edited July 2018
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    but why?

Because it looks delicious and OP wants to re-create it, is my guess. I kind of want to do the same, because it does in fact look delish.

That is exactly my reason. :)
    Most vegetables are easy to pick out, but the rest is hard to identify.
  • neldabg
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    I think the sandwich might have spinach, and that might be carrot on the bottom. I don't particularly think that is Swiss cheese. Looks more like mozzarella or provolone to me, but I'm just guessing. I think there might be some hummus (or something similar) in there too. Looks good!

Too tired to dissect the bagel... ;)

Cbean08 wrote: »

bagel spread looks like cream cheese to me.

Thanks for the guesses!
  • neldabg
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I think you nailed the ingredients. The thing is, that sandwich won't stand a chance at holding up once you bite into it. I know because I used to eat a plant-based diet and that looks very similar to the monstrosities I built. Better to use all those chunky vegetables another way.

Oh yes! I thought that would happen. My plan was to use less vegetables and eat the rest as a side.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

Oh yes! I thought that would happen. My plan was to use less vegetables and eat the rest as a side.

Toss those veggies with a smidgen of olive oil and roast in the oven (I usually dump the veggies in a plastic bag, add a teaspoon of olive oil and shake until they're all covered in a thin film of oil). Yummy in a sandwich and not nearly as chunky :wink:
  • neldabg
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Toss those veggies with a smidgen of olive oil and roast in the oven (I usually dump the veggies in a plastic bag, add a teaspoon of olive oil and shake until they're all covered in a thin film of oil). Yummy in a sandwich and not nearly as chunky :wink:

That sounds good! Thanks for the tip.
  • neldabg
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Where's the meat? :|

LOL. I am indeed a meat-eater myself, but a lack of meat will not stop me from trying something new.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Toss the roasted veggies on a plate with some parm and you're talking! Bread on the side if you must. (I'm all for bread, but not veggie sandwiches :wink: )
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I say cottage cheese on the bagel.

Hummus and provolone on the sandwich.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    It's a salad between bread. Both of them. That looks way too hard to eat. Why not enjoy a salad and bagel/bread?
  • walking2running
    walking2running Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    while it is visually appealing, they don’t look delicious to eat. looks like a pile of veg that would fall apart
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Looks amazing to me except for the broccoli. Raw broccoli on a sandwich? Meh. But I agree that I think that's hummus on the sandwich, and I <3 hummus on sandwiches or in wraps, so I'd try it anyway (minus the cheese.)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I agree with others. I'd much rather arrange that differently. I'd be more inclined to mix those veggies into an omelet. Then chop the omelet into pieces and use the bread/bagel as a vehicle for each bite of omelet.

Or, the bagel will hold things better if you scoop out the "fluff" in the middle of each half and fill the hollowed out edges with the veggies and spread.