I'm Back!

Options
SunKissed1989
SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
So, after a couple of years away from MFP, I've returned more determined than ever to lose weight again...here's my story...the 'short' version.
I really got into MFP in 2012 when I was applying to and going to university for my Postgraduate degree. Over the course of 2 years or so, I lost about 2 stone. It was in no way easy, but I felt awesome about myself as I got closer to my target weight of 10 stone (140lbs). My lowest weight was 141lbs.
Then, I fell in love with one of my best friends...fast forward nearly 4 years and we're married, I'm now working full time and I've put on the majority of the 2 stone I lost. I'm not saying it was my husbands fault I gained the weight back, but I'm not going to lie - I got 'comfortable'. Life became less about focussing on ME and MY goals...it became about US and what WE were going to do together and eat together etc.
Over the last 2 years, I've been in an on again off again relationship with Slimming World, after it was recommended to me by my new mother and sister in law (and my hubby). Not in a horrible way or anything, but I was just struggling to stay on track and it worked for them. I would go into my experience with SW, but I might save that for another post/blog.
Looking through some photos recently, I remembered all the successes I had with MFP and decided to give up SW for the last time and get back into the swing of logging foods and really paying attention to what I was putting in my body.

I've lost 2lbs in my first week of logging on here and can't wait to see more progress!

Also, I'm looking for some new friends to help keep me on track so please, feel free to add me (please leave a message with your friend request).

I'm based in the UK (Scotland) by the way :)

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back! Congratulations on the marriage, unfortunately weight gain if often a side effect of love ;) Least you caught it relatively soon.

~best wishes on your journey