25 and losing it (my mind or the extra pounds)

Options
Hey there! Looking for active new friends with open diaries. Let's keep each other motivated. Please include a message with any friend requests. I eat at 1200-1500 depending on the day.

A little about me:

I've been chubby nearly my entire life. At times more than chubby...big enough to impact my quality of life. At 23 I was 263lbs. (I'm 5ft 2in so a LOT of weight on that small frame.) Everyone else my age, it seemed, was effortlessly thin and fit. I felt scared my embarassingly high weight would escalate from an appearance issue to a true health crisis if I didn't do something soon. After a truly mortifying trip to the doctor who put it to me straight, I conceded- enough is enough! This is your only youth and you're basically carrying around a second person. It's never going to get any easier to lose that weight. Now or never!

At 25 I'm down to 201lbs. All the work has been worth it, though no less hard. I sometimes still desperately want to eat carbs on carbs on carbs, and I still have to begrudgingly will myself to lace up and get moving. But the reason I keep at it is because the person in the mirror looks and feels more like me- which is really meaningful. That's the me I want to cultivate for my future.

My goal is 125lbs so right now I'm approaching the halfway point! A scale number is besides the point, but helpful to have in mind sometimes. Again, my frame is small so 125lbs would be an appropriate.

Despite the odds, I've managed to lose and keep off 62lbs over the past couple years. There's no secret really. It's the result of healthy food choices + sweaty sweaty exercise + time.

Replies

• Mrs_Chisholm57
    Mrs_Chisholm57 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are totally awesome. I'm 25, 5'2 and 130 lbs. Last summer I was at 120 and felt amazing so I think once you hit your goal you will feel incredible. You said you lace up! You a runner?
  • Bahamaria
    Bahamaria Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes! Good job my goal is to be 150 i started at 208 June 28 2018 and I’m now 193. I have been a member of mfp for about 2 years but never consistently logged. I went down to 169 before but most diets I’ve only lasted for 30 days so this time I’m changing my thought process that it’s a lifestyle change and give myself goals every month! Happy losing!