Homemade Ranch Dressing

Options
Before I started to count calories I use to eat ranch dressing like crazy then I realized how terrible it is for me, but I do crave it every now and again. I was thinking about trying to make the homemade ranch I keep seeing posted with Greek yogurt and hidden valley ranch packet. Has anyone ever made this before, if so how did it turn out and was it worth it?

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've made it and it was great! I just used plain non-fat greek yogurt, a small amount of unsweetened almond milk, and enough of the ranch packet to make it taste right. I totally recommend it.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've made it and it's great!

I make my own with either half greek yogurt and half a light mayo or half mayo and half sour cream. I add in dill, parsley, pepper, chives, dried onion and garlic and mix it well. Let it sit overnight in the fridge and it's a great dressing! It doesn't taste totally like ranch however it comes with a lot less sodium than those packets. When I use the packets I usually put more mayo/yogurt/milk/sour cream in than the packet suggests to not only make a bit more but to also lessen the sodium in each serving. Adding about half more of whatever liquid doesn't really change the taste much.
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great idea! I was just thinking yesterday how much plain Greek yogurt (Chibani) tastes like buttermilk (that distinguishing sour taste), so I think it would be great with a ranch seasoning packet. Was planning on going to the store today any way, so am going to pick some up and try it tonight. :happy:
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    Thank you very much for the help, I think I am going to try making some tonight :happy: