Figuring out proper meal plan and workout routine

I have joined the gym 2weeks ago. Since then i have been working on my full day meal plan. But cant figure out properly.
This is what i take:-
Breakfast: 2slices of multigrain bread with peanut butter
Snack: same a breakfast
Lunch: cooked rice with curry and chapatis with cooked veggies
Pre-workout: 2-3bananas with 200ml milk
Dinner is same as lunch

For workout routine i have 2day repetitions i.e. Monday- chest bicep hemer shoulder
Tuesday- tricep thighs quads
And then repeat this for week. Sunday rest.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    To gain weight, you need to be in a consistent calorie surplus for some time. MFP tells you how many calories you need to eat in order to be in a calorie surplus. You need to eat food you like, in order to be able to stick to a consistent calorie surplus for any length of time. A healthy diet is balanced and varied. A balanced and varied diet can prevent boredom.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Eat all the food (within a reasonable surplus). Lift heavy things.
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Take a good number like 2500 kcal. Make your getting AT LEAST your bw(lbs) x .8 in grams of protein and your bw(lbs) x .4 in fat and the rest in any combo of carbs/protein/fat youd like. Do that for a week or two. If your still not gaining add another 100-200 kcal, rinse and repeat as needed. ( opposite if your gaining too much, about 1lb gained per week is ideal for most people, but whatever you want really) im sure theres other ways, this one takes a bit of math and some consistent tracking to get right...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited July 2018
    What can't you work out properly?

What are your stats and goal?

Instead of making up your own workout routine, find a well designed progressive lifting program to help you get better results. There's a whole thread on finding the best lifting program for you (perhaps in the stickied threads at the top of this section of the forum)
  • jiggandhi14
    jiggandhi14 Posts: 3 Member
    What can't you work out properly?

What are your stats and goal?

Instead of making up your own workout routine, find a well designed progressive lifting program to help you get better results. There's a whole thread on finding the best lifting program for you (perhaps in the stickied threads at the top of this section of the forum)
    I mean i cant figure out if what i am taking is enough or do i need to take more.
    And my workout routine is set by trainer so I am not worrying that much about it.
    I am 5’7 and 51kg in weight. And my goal is to gain some weight and make my thin body structure in shape and strong
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited July 2018
    What does THIS APP tell you when you put in your statistics and then load those meals and snacks? It's more carbs than *I* personally eat (relative to PROTEIN and FAT), but they look to be nutrient dense, high fiber carbohydrates, so that's good. In other words, you could probably use more PROTEIN.
    But again: put your stats in THIS APP and then eat to follow that. Eat UP TO the number of calories it gives you and aim for those macros. Then tweak as you gain knowledge. Good luck.
  • seanlovegrove
    seanlovegrove Posts: 58 Member
    edited July 2018
    Just going off your foods listed you should probably be consuming more protein. Eggs seems like your main protein source if there’s no meat in your curry. Eggs are great but 3 eggs is only about 21 grams of protein. And milk and peanut butter have some protein but not enough if you’re wanting to really build muscle. A caloric surplus is a must but so is protein. Add some shakes or whole food protein sources, IMO. Shoot for at least .8 grams per lb of body weight but don’t be afraid to go well above that, either. Carbs and fats are important but for building muscle neither are as important as protein.