Friends Wanted

Options
Currently seeking like minded nerds of the Star wars variety, any sports fans, music junkies, movies buffs, dog lovers, fun loving people that look at weight loss as a challenge, not a chore! I am new and grotesquely overweight. Going through some dark times in my life (we can crack that coconut later), and am really wanting to get back to my former always optimistic self. Shall we?!

Replies

• andilee0902
    andilee0902 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I too am going through dark times. Weight loss is a hard challenge for me. Been struggling for years
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter nerd who has always struggled with my weight but am now emerging from the dark clouds and at the halfway point in my weight loss journey. Also have 2 dogs, football fan (in the UK so may be different to your football) and love my music.
  • Shoop69
    Shoop69 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

"Now, I don't pretend to tell you how to find happiness and love, when every day is a struggle to survive. But I do insist that you do survive, because the days and the years ahead are worth living for! " Edith Keeler (Star Trek)

The dark times will come to an end. Logically, we know that - but getting started on the journey is definitely a challenge! I'm a data fanatic and run stats daily on my nutrition, goals etc - it keeps me sane and I love looking at the curve (just not mine, at the moment) :) I love setting the weekly goals and will do anything to not "lose" the challenge - but if I do, I sulk for a minute then try harder. Its all about the "win"!

“Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view.” – Obi Wan Kenobi

I like that quote as well, because my point of view is always right (ha!)

I wish you all the best on this epic journey.
  • BeachIsMyFavoriteColor75
    Options
    Please add me