Question about intermittent fasting

Gaygirl2120
Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
edited July 2018 in Food and Nutrition
I’ve been reading a lot about it lately & would like to give it a try. But I’m afraid I will become a pain to people around me when they want to go out to breakfast for example & I can’t break my fast yet. For those who do IF how do you handle this?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    The question is wrong. It's "what's the purpose of IF?".

I think a more flexible schedule will suit you better.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    edited July 2018
    IF is just a schedule of eating. If it doesn't fit your lifestyle, then there is no reason to do it. It should make things easier for you, not make your life more difficult.
  • Mazda_Mx5
    Mazda_Mx5 Posts: 722 Member
    As long as it's an 8 hour window you can work around it .
    Example if you eat breakfast at 8 am then stop eating at 4 pm .
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Just drink coffee or tea if not hungry.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited July 2018
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    I’ve been reading a lot about it lately & would like to give it a try. But I’m afraid I will become a pain to people around me when they want to go out to breakfast for example & I can’t break my fast yet. For those who do IF how do you handle this?

Don't do IF on days where you want to go out with your friends, there's no reason for you to skip social events because of a diet unless the going out part ruins your caloric deficit on a regular basis. Then I would limit those outings.

IF shouldn't control your life, do it if it makes dieting easier and you're not obligated to do IF every single day if you want. IF doesn't make you burn fat faster than not doing IF at the same number of calories. IF is only another way to schedule your meals and eat bigger meals at a short period time provided that you are still in a caloric deficit, that's it.
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    I try to plan my week accordingly. If I know there is something to attend, I will fast other days. Otherwise, I will miss out if needed. I am fasting days this week, but on vacation the next, so will probably just do 16:8's that week.