Calculating TDEE & macros --- whaaaaat?

Options
2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    You aren't an endomorph - you are just a human like the rest of us.
    (Somatotypes are complete cobblers!)

First decide if you are going to use your FitBit or not.
    Then second it's probably best to realise that all the various estimates are most likely going to be more accurate than your tracking and logging anyway.

All the estimates in the world just give you a starting point to get you going - after that adjust based on actual long term results and you will be fine.

I'm going to ask you the same thing - why don't you believe somatotypes are a thing and how do you explain the tendencies towards certain behaviors/responses that bodies tend to do?

I usually wear my FitBit, just not during training. My long term results (if 7 months can be considered long term) of making dietary changes haven't yielded much, which is why I am looking to change it up :) I'm tired of being the fat girl in my training sessions.

Somatotypes were never created to give guidance about diet and the unpleasant ideas (eugenics) behind it is thoroughly debunked - Wikipedia actually has a pretty good write up.

People do have preferences and attributes but that doesn't change the essential truth of weight loss that if you are in a calorie deficit you will lose weight. If your dietary changes haven't "yielded much" then you have been eating too much. It's as simple as that when you strip away excuses.

Make adjustments based on your results if you resist accurately counting your intake. Eat less.
    In the end it's you that has to take responsibility for how much you eat.