Exercises for helping me at work

Options
Avand17
Avand17 Posts: 31 Member
My job requires a lot of lifting, nothing too heavy (No more than 60 lbs), but after hours of repetitive lifting and often in a hurry, my back is usually sore. I'm looking for exercises that will strengthen my back or just help me lift overall. I know the deadlift is a good exercise, but I'm looking for more as well. Thanks.

Replies

• spellmannn
    spellmannn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't have specific exercises in mind, but my biggest piece of advice is to stretch. A lot. And be mindful of how you move your body. I worked at an Amazon shipping warehouse for a year unloading 3-4 trucks a night. I was always hurting my back and my knees and hoped that I would just get stronger until one day a coworker of mine showed me how she stretches and moves her body when unloading trucks/pallets and honestly it did wonders. It still hurt from time to time, but I could actually move the day after my shift. The biggest 2 in my opinion are making sure you lift with your legs, not your back, and you aren't rotating your body at your waist, but instead turning your whole body.

Hope someone has some in mind. Would love to know also.
  • alyssa_6481
    alyssa_6481 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Overall core strengthening and I'd work on leg strength as well, especially if you are lifting from the floor or carrying. Squats, deadlifts, superman, plank (regular and side) are good places to start.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Yoga or Pilates might help you stretch and strengthen. I guess it kind of depends on your level of fitness currently. Are you doing any workouts?
  • matti422
    matti422 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Core stability exercises like planks, side planks, bridges will help a lot. Working with a trainer to make sure your form is correct would also be a good investment.