Anybody else miss the guitar solo in today’s music?

Options
dmille2
dmille2 Posts: 208 Member
Does anyone actually play guitar in today’s music? Just saying I feel bad for today’s youth having to listen to the auto tuned crap of today. Just my opinion. Chime in please.

Replies

• Beaster_Bunny
    Beaster_Bunny Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    There is still new good music out there. Just won't hear it on the radio.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Today's music?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Queens of the Stone Age supply some pretty great riffs
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I have been reading that Greta Van Fleet has a Led Zepplin sound to them but I have not heard their music.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I was bumping around thru some old albums and spun The Knack's 'My Sharona'; I had forgotten the killer guitar solo in the middle of the song.

It's good, good stuff.

• kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Totally missing it, my son plays guitar so I love when the house is quiet and I can hear him playing, the bands he listens to aren’t really that well known here in the Uk but he definitely prefers real music with proper bands. Really miss the days of Guns n Roses and Queen where just about every song had a guitar solo .
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Not my favorite solo, but I want to learn to play guitar for the first minute and a half of Fade to Black.
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm a guitar player. I like to solo.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    No. I have always hated guitar solos (with very few exceptions). It gets old fast. And every song... that's not very creative.

Edit to add: no one really uses Auto tune anymore.
  • doubleap77
    doubleap77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you want to try some interesting guitar work, check out Angel Vivaldi. He does a lot of instrumental tracks that are guitar-heavy.

There’s still a lot of good technical guitarwork being done in the trenches of heavy metal. The soaring guitar solos of the arena rock era are few and far between, unfortunately.