Any other helpful fitness/health apps...

Ktmom19
Ktmom19 Posts: 65 Member
Just curious... Are there any other helpful fitness/health apps that you use in addition to MFP?

Replies

• Ktmom19
    Bump... No one has anything?!
  • BeckyBeebs
    BeckyBeebs Posts: 16 Member
    Seconds app (paid version) for my running, circuit and interval training program. So much easier to focus on form and internal pep talking when I don't have to watch a timer or worry about what I'm supposed to do next. It just tells me with a nice light 3-2-1 count down. (iTunes is actually my number one - while not a fitness app, I couldn't go as long or hard without my music!)
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,813 Member
    Map my walk
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    I have been using Achievement, which hooks into your other healthy apps (mfp, map my ride, stop think breathe, etc.) and gives you points for logging into and using those apps. When you hit 10,000 points, you get a $10 pay pal credit. It takes a LONG time to get to 10,000 points but just getting 'credit' for logging, riding, meditating, weighing in, etc. helps keep me motivated.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Pacer for my steps
    Map My Walk
    Libra to monitor weight
    Just In Time to find the nearest public toilet when I am out walking 😆
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I really like Strava for my cycling.
    I'm very self-competitive so chasing and setting PR's on certain segments is very motivating.
    Useful for analysis and comparison so see where I'm relatively weak or strong.
    Interesting to "follow" others and see what they are doing.
    Calorie tracking is pretty reasonable.

WattBike Hub is specific to the brand of indoor trainer I use.

Samsung Health as a very basic step counter as a general guide to how active I am.

(Runkeeper was OK for tracking walks but calories were exaggerated.)
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    WeavRun is my fave at the moment
  • Ktmom19
    Thank you all for the suggestions!
  • lsutigerscage
    lsutigerscage Posts: 26 Member
    I used the Nike Training Club app. It's free and it allows you to customize an exercise plan based off of what type of equipment you have available, whether you are working out at home or in the gym, and what type of fitness you are trying to achieve (strength, lean up, fat blast, etc.). It also has workouts that allow you to browse by muscle groups or by workout type. Each week, it will put you through an endurance test to see how much you've improved and it will rework your next week's exercises according to how you do. I've been using it for about two months now, and I am very happy with it. Also, it puts you through tough workouts. It will still push you, which is what is needed in order to improve.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Calorie Mama - no entering food to track - take a picture of your food and viola - it counts your calories using the picture. <3
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2018
    urloved33 wrote: »
    Calorie Mama - no entering food to track - take a picture of your food and viola - it counts your calories using the picture. <3

Really? Cool. How does it know if you put butter on your vegetables, or something like that, if the butter is melted in?

Have you tried something like a brownie or spaghetti? I'm intrigued.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member

Really? Cool. How does it know if you put butter on your vegetables, or something like that, if the butter is melted in?

o its very cool. I tested it and was shocked at the accuracy <3

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

It didn't work so well for me. :laugh: It identified my greek yogurt with raspberries as fish. And it didn't give me an option to make it greek yogurt.

9vn8udj7efdq.jpg
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member

I can not for the life of me see how this can be even close to accurate. It would not determine all of the ingredients nor could it accurately determine portions.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

It didn't work so well for me. :laugh: It identified my greek yogurt with raspberries as fish. And it didn't give me an option to make it greek yogurt.

9vn8udj7efdq.jpg

If that was fish, it'd be the most terrifying thing I've ever seen.