Weight Loss 1st(Success Stories)since losing50lbs+(even if it's the1st time in a LONG time)

NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
edited July 2018 in Success Stories
I'll start:

I'm 52lbs down as of today (an amazing feat after 6+ years of trying) I'm 168.4 lbs down from almost 220lbs--my highest weight since joining Mfp wayyyy back in 2012. I haven't been in the 160's in many many moons. My body fat percentage has gone down from 48+ to 22% Today, for the FIRST TIME in more years than I care to count, I wore a size medium shirt. o:) Even if it was a kinda big medium...still the tag says medium and I'M THRILLED ABOUT THAT!

Last week for the FIRST time in SUPER LONG time (toooooo many years to dare think about) somebody called me "skinny"(they said "hey skinny")--uh, W <3 W and YAY

The first time in YEARS I now wear sleeveless tops that aren't "flowy, boxy, big and long and "generous" size to cover/hide my excessupper all over body fat/rolls :o . How I used to dread summer time, because I never felt good wearing "summer clothes"- finding clothes to look good was mission impossible, but no more--YAY!

I've got a waist...I've got a WAISTLINE and it's looking good----WOW and YAY! First time in YEARS I've now FINALLY got a nice looking waistline on me.

How I FINALLY got here (and I'm not done, I want to get rid of 30-35 more pounds). Simply CICO, eating whatever I want to, just not as much nor as frequently.

Okay, your turn: What are some of your weigh-loss "Firsts" even if it's just a FIRST in a long-time first since ridding your body of 50lbs+ Pls. do share (even if you haven't lost 50lbs--if you've rid/shed yourself a nice amount bodyfat) what are some of your "Firsts" since becoming slimmer and trimmer!

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Great job!
    My first was a couple weeks ago bathing suit shopping and then wearing it later. I didn't feel like a beached whale. I felt at ease. I by no means was smokin' hot in it, but I did not feel like I would stand out in a crowd.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Great job!
    My first was a couple weeks ago bathing suit shopping and then wearing it later. I didn't feel like a beached whale. I felt at ease. I by no means was smokin' hot in it, but I did not feel like I would stand out in a crowd.

Girl, I totally know whatcha mean/can relate 100%. You're looking super GOOD btw, keep up the GREAT work and thanks so much for your reply! B)
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    I have not experienced that personally but nothing would surprise me really. Everyone is different.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    For the first time in a while (I lost a ton of weight 3 years ago, almost the same as OP's weight loss, and then gained 40 pounds back) I feel in control of my eating again...and I'm not eating to make myself feel better or deal with stress. I've gone lower carb and it has helped cravings. It gives me confidence to know that I can control what I eat, and I've lost 10 pounds already. 25 or so to go before I feel like I'm myself again..but it's a start.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I have not experienced that personally but nothing would surprise me really. Everyone is different.

You rock, period. <3o:)<3 Thanks so much for your reply!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    amyn73 wrote: »
    For the first time in a while (I lost a ton of weight 3 years ago, almost the same as OP's weight loss, and then gained 40 pounds back) I feel in control of my eating again...and I'm not eating to make myself feel better or deal with stress. I've gone lower carb and it has helped cravings. It gives me confidence to know that I can control what I eat, and I've lost 10 pounds already. 25 or so to go before I feel like I'm myself again..but it's a start.

So GLAD you're back on track and ridding your body of 10lbs is thrilling. I'm so with you, for me it was/is the same. Being in "control of y/our eating" was and is key. Using food (or whatever) to battle and even deal with stress was a losing battle for me--consistently. It's going to take time, but "they" say "all good things takes some time". Here's to cheering you on! o:) Thank you so much for your reply!

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited July 2018
    This is a SUPER FIRST for me and I'm so happy, I could cry (tears of utter JOY, gratitude, humility and mega pleasant SURPRISE--actually shock). My sons just told me "you're looking good Ma, you're not fat AT ALL". (which is a first, because ALL of they're lives, they've only seen me fat/obese). Everyone in my entire family is slim and trim and even knocking on skinny as a rail's door). My husband is a studly 6"2 1/2 180-185lbs--super slim and handsome as can be.
    o:)<3o:)

ANYWAY, my youngest son just told me..."you look so good Ma, you don't need to lose anymore weight." I have never had anyone tell me that EVER. He didn't say it in a "condemning way" at all it was the most complimentary and GOOD way EVER, I'm more than thrilled. I'm 165.8lbs as of today from down anywhere from 190-200lbs to maximum weight of almost 220lbs that's the way they've seen me ALL of their lives. My bodyfat percentage has gone down from the highest of 48+% plus to today, 21%. I was shooting for 135-140lbs or so as my goal, but changed my goal yesterday to 153-154lbs (just 12 or so more pounds away WOW), as that's the highest so-called "normal range" BMI for my height. (taking me out of the overweight range).

WOW....just WOW!!! I love this first so very much--I feel so blessed and mega motivated and totally encouraged to the MAX--BOOM!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!