Working out while injured.... Ideas, please!

Hi! I'm looking for some low impact workouts that I can do while injured. I have a protruding disc that has caused me some issues within the past few months (PT, MRI, and waiting on a cortisone shot). Also, a couple of weeks ago, I strained /tore my plantar fascia and cannot put full weight on my right foot. I NEED to get back to doing something, but I don't want to exasperate anything. I can't stress enough how discouraging having all of this happen has been. I was on a roll! 10lbs down!! Then boom....trouble. Anyway, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Talk to your PT. I mean you could probably do some chair exercises and likely use an arm cycle, but really, talk to your physical therapist about this.
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Isometrics, you tube them. I'm in the same boat with lower back injury, and these are helping. I'm sure PT is already having you do them, but ask to clarify.
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    ask PT about resistance bands. maybe they would be okay for arms?
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    You might be able to do a stationary bike. Ask the PT if it is okay.
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    When I was in the same dilemma I worked out I could reach several upper body muscles, lifting dumbells whilst flat on my back. It was practically the only exercise I could do, at my worst.

PT made my injury worse and re-injured me after my first op. Be very careful.
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Reformation Pilates.