What’s the craziest thing one of your teachers has ever done?

Options
CorgiWaddles
CorgiWaddles Posts: 81 Member
An interesting question to bring up horrible or WONDERFUL memories!

I’ll have to think about this one!

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Killed a man.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Dated one of her students.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    I had a middle school computer science teacher that once kicked his wastebasket across the room because a group of kids were being disruptive little *kitten*.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Had my two friends and me teach WWII to our HS history class. Think it was junior year. Made up the test and everything.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    When I was working on getting my GED I had a white male teacher say the N-word during class. We were discussing black history month and we got into kind of a heated debate about race. There were three black woman in the class including myself. He was incredibly arrogant and rude and said we as a country need to get “over it” and “move forward” and I told him “that would be awesome, but how do you move forward when there’s still A LOT of issues that need to be addressed?” He didn’t have an answer. So then he brought up how black people talk to each other and I told him “There’s a lot of things you will never understand and it’s not your place to police how black people talk to each other. There’s a lot of pain and suffering behind that word. That word was specifically used to DEMEAN black people” And this is where he drops the bomb. His rebuttal was “Anyone can be n***ger! The word means ignorant!” It took me a minute to process what he had said, because I was GOBSMACKED. The other two woman didn’t say anything and once I got over the shock I got up and left. I emailed my student advisor about what happened, because I wanted his advice on how to address this. I had planned to go talk to him by myself, but my advisor went and told his boss, so me, the teacher and coordinator had a sit down meeting. I brought 5 articles with me on the history and origin of the word to show him that what he said was not only highly offensive, but it was also historically INNACURATE. So basically he got reprimanded and I ended up switching classes. I was more disappointed then anything, because I thought he was a cool guy and good teacher.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    - Had one call on me to answer questions, then mimic my voice/response
    - had one tell us it didn't matter if we learned the lessons or not because the world was ending soon
    - had one take out his teeth and put them in his coffee cup
    - had one tell us our accents (in French) were so bad no one would understand us anyway
    - had one English teacher who for every word we spelled wrong had us write out the times tables 10 times
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Gave me a 14% in math. Like come on she couldn’t even bump it up a little to at least a 50 so I could pass.

Had a math teacher give me a - 3 on a test...for answering all the bonus questions wrong too!
    Like really...could she just not have left it at zero!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I had the worst experience. Grade 10 small engine shop class. He would sit there and yell at everyone if the tools weren't put back in there right place. I got fed up went to the principle and next class he called me out in front of the class and made me sit out of class. I hated him
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My 7th grade Spanish teacher had spent a few years in Mexico teaching English. She'd bring her guitar to school and play Mexican folk songs. This was before the narco corridos.