Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

A blow to the keto

Options
saintor1
saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
edited July 2018 in Debate Club
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5958463/Fat-consumption-cause-weight-gain.html
Fat consumption is the ONLY cause of weight gain! 'Unequivocal' data reveals protein and carbs are not responsible for a bulging waistline
A total of 30 different diets were given to mice over a period of three months - the equivalent of nine human years.
More than 100,000 measurements of body weight changes of mice were made, including a micro MRI machine to assess body fat.
Researchers at Aberdeen University and the Chinese Academy of Sciences led the rodent study, considered the largest of its kind.
And combining sugar with fat had no more impact than fat alone, revealed the study, published in Cell Metabolism.

Many of internet theories are so destroyed...

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke?!?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    saintor1 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

In any event, it's all pretty irrelevant...to many calories overall is what causes fat storage.

It is all relevant and they don't prove anything against CICO, as I understand;
    Mice fed fat-heavy diets consumed the most calories because fat stimulated the reward centres in their brains, scientists found.

It's relevant for those who want to regulate the weight of their mice. Maybe if I fattened up the mice in the neighbourhood, they would have trouble squeezing into little holes, keeping them out of the garage.

Those dirty rats are dirty eaters. They'll eat anything. This one time at band camp, I woke up with a dirty rat trying to chew my hair. Offal awful.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Mari22na wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    saintor1 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

In any event, it's all pretty irrelevant...to many calories overall is what causes fat storage.

It is all relevant and they don't prove anything against CICO, as I understand;
    Mice fed fat-heavy diets consumed the most calories because fat stimulated the reward centres in their brains, scientists found.

It's relevant for those who want to regulate the weight of their mice. Maybe if I fattened up the mice in the neighbourhood, they would have trouble squeezing into little holes, keeping them out of the garage.

Those dirty rats are dirty eaters. They'll eat anything. This one time at band camp, I woke up with a dirty rat trying to chew my hair. Offal awful.

So... no mouse studies on the effects of clean eating?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    srsly?