Happy scale users, what is “current” vs “overall” rate?

Options
kiela64
kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
29gglk2jatvi.jpeg

I’ve been using happy scale for a few months now, and I think I get it for the most part, but I don’t really understand what the current vs overall rates are. Like where do they count from? It seems like a big discrepancy and I don’t really know what it means. I’ve lost 30lbs since mid April.

Replies

• dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that Committed Rate and Overall Rate are supposed to match within a +/- variation to account for the current rate of loss. Ie, I lose 6 pounds in one week -- that's going to be a really high current, but my overall loss might be more akin to my 1lb/week commitment. Or in a week you didn't lose much for your current, but your overall still aligns with what you've chosen to lose.

I see Current changing week-by-week and Overall changing/adjusting on a much longer timeframe.

That is my experience thus far. (Granted, I've only used the app for a couple of months.)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! Overall rate is since you began. Current is a shorter period of time. You can set it for what you want. Click on the gear wheel next to Weight Trends and you can tell it what time periods you want to compare. There are gear icons in each section of the screen so you can tailor the data as you prefer. Hope that helps.