Food, Food, Food!

Options
Will I EVER get to a place where my mind is NOT constantly on food, what to eat, what to change, what NOT to eat?

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Once you really get into the habit of eating at a certain calorie goal and preparing certain foods, you won't be as preoccupied with it. It is a learning process, kind of like learning the choreography to a very complicated dance. At first you have to follow the instructions to the letter to get it right, but eventually you will remember how to do the steps on your own. :)
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    Thank you. Sometimes, I worry about it, because I am CONSTANTLY thinking about food! smh
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    LIke TheGymGypsy said, you just need to get to a place where you have a solid understanding of what meals make up how many calories. It does take time, and lots of patience but you will get there.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    I am just getting there. Over the weekend I realized that for once I wasn't looking forward to what I was going to eat. I think ending my love affair with food is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
    Hang in there, it will happen :)
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    It's weird because before I decided to get healthy, I thought about food, but it was different. And, of course, not as often, because I was eating simply because I either wanted to, or because it was in my face.
    Now...I think about it all of the time, and how many calories this has, the fat, the sugar the carb etc. Figuring out how many calories I actually need in order for me to lose the weight, because I don't like eating back my exercise calories, but know that I have to eat some of them back. It is hard trying to train and rettrain this old brain!!! But, yes, I know that I need to work on my patience in this field. I am down 48 pounds and don't plan on EVER going back up, just continue to lose!!!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yes. It will take 5 more weeks. Then you'll be there.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I think that's one of the biggest issues with restriction - you're basically telling yourself not to think about food while you have to CONSTANTLY think about it to make the right choices. Annoying.

I eat really often throughout the day and it helps a bit. My food is prelogged so I know what I'm eating and my next mini-meal is only a couple hours away, so I don't feel deprived
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    ONE MONTH later... and I still think about food ALL of the time. I wonder if it is what I do so I don't have to think about other things! hnmmmmm
  • Krista916
    Options
    I'm no help. It has consumed my ever thought every day for as long as I can remember. Like even as a child!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I still think about it a lot also but preplanning meals has helped that out. I know what I am going to eat so it doesn't occupy so much of my mind. I try to plan dinners for the week on Sunday.