keep me honest

Options
hey y'all, I *think* i have been doing what I tell everyone else to do with eating the right amount of healthy calories, but sometimes I just get all confused with actually implementing it. So Can you please check out my food work out log and let me know if i'm on the right path, and any other pointers you may have. thanks.

Replies

• wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing pretty good. Some people will tell you to watch the processed foods because of the sodium. I keep track of it my food diary and usually go over by a little bit. I also love lean cuisines. I figure they're not as bad as some of the things I could be eating and they're great when you don't have much time to prepare a meal.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    yeah i'm in an office all day, and where i don't believe in excuses time is a factor, lean cusine is great portion control, and I have been keeping an I on the sodium I haven't gone over yet. I play with the settings to look at that, often, I'll reset it now to show sodium so people can gage it. Thanks.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    Oh and I'm anemic, so its intentional that i go over on iron so much.
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had low iron before I started eating healthy (I track it in my journal as well). And now its normal :) but I still keep track. I wish I could say the same thing about my blood pressure.

I think you're doing very well. And yes lean cuisine have helped me learn portion control and they do fill me up.
  • GuamMom
    GuamMom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    USAF Wife...You are doing a great job!!! If I could pick one thing, it would be no processed foods, no frozen meals! Best of luck to you this life style can be hard on us all God Bless, and Thank you for your service
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    You are doing a good job and I commend you on the amount of exercise it appears you must be doing to earn all those extra calories. My only suggestion would be to try to eat more FRESH foods - vegetables and fruits and throw some nuts in there on occasion for a quick snack. Keep up the good work and enjoy the results!
  • CarlGleave
    CarlGleave Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    LoL what a thing to ask!! i bet you get a million different answers, the best thing is to eat what u like in moderation, check the kcals but also check the fat content if its 7% fat its normally ok to eat,

but 7% is the high end of the fat content try sticking to 4-5% fat products,

drink plenty of water try get a little fruit and lots of veg in to your diet, fruits all well and good but it use's up a lot of kcals and has a lot of sugar in it .

also increase your exercise!!!!!!!!!! even if its walking, heres a tip when you are out and about shopping, why not spend an extra hour window shopping its slow pace and you wont even notice that you did it, they recon there are 3500 kcals to 1lb of fat if you can exercise just 3500 kcals that will be 1 extra 1lbs of fat lost more than what your diet brings to the total weight loss each week !

good luck
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    Options
    LoL what a thing to ask!! i bet you get a million different answers, the best thing is to eat what u like in moderation, check the kcals but also check the fat content if its 7% fat its normally ok to eat,

but 7% is the high end of the fat content try sticking to 4-5% fat products,

drink plenty of water try get a little fruit and lots of veg in to your diet, fruits all well and good but it use's up a lot of kcals and has a lot of sugar in it .

also increase your exercise!!!!!!!!!! even if its walking, heres a tip when you are out and about shopping, why not spend an extra hour window shopping its slow pace and you wont even notice that you did it, they recon there are 3500 kcals to 1lb of fat if you can exercise just 3500 kcals that will be 1 extra 1lbs of fat lost more than what your diet brings to the total weight loss each week !

good luck

Thanks guys, I just wanted to make sure the net calories were on target. I eat slightly over 1200 a day, but I work out substationally more, I never eat all or even half of them back....i do eat some, but seeing how I rarely eat over 1250, i wanted to make sure that wasn't putting me into starvation mode.

Due to family history it is incrediably hard to loose weight, I live a no excuses life, so I won't accept heredity as a reason to not get baack in shape, I just don't want to allow any other factors to get in the way. I have to admit the Net calorie thing eating back working out calories just confuses me.

As far as increasing my excercise, I work out close to an hour mon-fri, and have to pick the kids up from daycare after that. Once I pick them up I don't like to work out,I prefer to spend time with them (gulties of a working mom who wants to be a stay at home mome) not to say that I haven't done it before, I have. I take them to the park and what not, i just don't log those calories, its time for my kids I don't want to think about burining calories or working out, - now there are times they will come with me to the gym on a sat if i had a rough day during the week. I could put in work out on sat and suns, i just worry about burining myself out, i don't have a day or two during the week to rest i might loose the motivation to work out.

Thank you Thank you for helping.
  • CarlGleave
    CarlGleave Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    it is important to have a rest, i know exactly what you mean my partner is 37 weeks preg and we have a 7 year old and a 3 year old, she has had 8 months of hell with the latest child, so much so i have sent the last 6 weeks off work helping out so i know the battles you are faced with,

it will come hun chin up and remember we are all here to support you this is what make this site amazing the people!!!!!!!1
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    See my comment I made on your friends post.
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Hi Sassy, thanks for checking out my diary, I thought I would return the favour.

I won't comment on the processed meals because like you I find it difficult to always prepare fresh food and they have to be better than eating take-away meals. I think you could definitely do with eating more fruit, e.g. a fresh fruit cocktail as dessert?. My main concern is with your calorie deficit. I personally don't eat all of my exercise calories but I don't exercise anywhere near as much as you do. I was told that a good rule is to aim to eat at least half of your exercise cals. If you find it difficult to eat more, why not try snacks like apple with peanut butter spread which is quite calorific. Hope that helps and good luck!