Bloated and not losing?

Options
stfpa
stfpa Posts: 62 Member
It’s only my second week back here after losing (and regaining) 25 pounds a year ago. I noticed that I’ve been uncomfortably bloated, even in the morning. Does anyone have any idea why that could be happening?

Also, I haven’t lost any weight. I know it’s still early but I would expect at least an ounce lost or something, especially since my weight usually comes off pretty easily and quickly at the beginning/middle. Instead, I’ve actually been gaining weight (yes I weigh and log ALL my food, I don’t work out yet so I’m not eating back any exercise calories)

Has anyone had this happen? Did you just wait for it to pass and continue doing what you’re doing?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Did you change your diet? Are you eating more vegetables and fruit? When I tried The 10 fruit/vegetable challenge, I was all sorts of gassy. Ugh. I fixed my chronic constipation though. Yay!
  • stfpa
    Options
    Did you change your diet? Are you eating more vegetables and fruit? When I tried The 10 fruit/vegetable challenge, I was all sorts of gassy. Ugh. I fixed my chronic constipation though. Yay!
    Yeah, I eat waaaay more fruit and vegetables than I used to, I was thinking that could be the reason but the first couple days I had a flatter stomach than I did before my diet so I’m not sure why it went the opposite direction😩 also, my constipation problem was fixed the first few days too but now it’s back. Not sure how that’s possible considering the amount of fiber I eat and water I drink
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    soy
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How is your fat intake? Fat is helpful, it get things moving.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,198 Member
    Options
    When veggies/fruit (i.e. fiber) increase, make sure you're getting enough fats and water. It may help to include some probiotic foods, like live culture yogurt or kefir, kombucha, miso, raw unpasteurized sauerkraut/kim chi, etc. It may help to do some exercise that involves moving the midsection. Unless it turns out that you have a food sensitivity, it's likely that your system will adapt within a few days to a couple of weeks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Pregnant?
  • stfpa
    Options
    Pregnant?
    Lol, definitely not pregnant