Fellow ladies: Lets talk weight loss and boobs

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    307 lb (highest weight) 42DD
    229 lb (current weight) 40DD

Weird, yes - but whatevs (and yes, properly fitted bras at both times)
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So far, I've only gone down a couple of band sizes..cup has remained a DD. I've lost 34 lbs this year I think. I'm hoping it stays that way, but I'm also still nursing my son. I'm more afraid of what lack of milk will do. :sad:

I think that smaller breast do not account to less milk.
    Maybe do some research because I dont think that those two things have causations.
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Options
    Went from a D cup to a B cup within a couple of months. Personally, I Like them even better because they aren't in the way anymore! Id rather be fit and healthy with a smaller chest than a large chest and be unhealthy. Its a trade off that's well worth it! Think of all those cute bikini tops you'll be able to wear! Get it Girl!!

I guess have never known the problems that women have with large breast so I should be happy about mine.
    haha I hope I can get to bikini worthy someday! :D
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost my boobs yet and I have lost 38lbs

It all depends on your shape. I am in the same boat. I did lose another 10ish from my ticker that I gained back, but here has been my progression so far:

HW: 250, bra size: 36G/38F (underbust 37)
    CW: 216: 34H/32HH (underbust 33)
    @ 205: 32HH/32J (underbust is 32)

I am retaining all volume and losing in the band only so far. :( I wouldn't mind dropping some cups, but it isn't looking promising so far.

I think I have pretty much kept the same volume since my late teens, but back then I was wearing the wrong size.

Be sure to get refitted every 10-20 pounds. I find that every few pounds changes my band by 1/2 inch. The underbust measurement is the most important one. This is very close to your actual band size. Many of you are likely wearing the wrong size!
  • berrieblu
    berrieblu Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    in the past (i've lost as much as 70lbs in one go before), my band size has gone down but my boobs have never gotten noticeably smaller in comparison to the rest of me. my cup size usually stays the same or even goes up. i went from a 44G to a 42J a few years ago. when i regained that time, i went up to a 48J for a little while. i'm currently wearing a 44H.

besides the breast tissue/fat ratio, your hormones will also play a role and the levels may change as you lose weight. you can probably get an idea of what will happen with your girls based on your mom, aunts, and sisters' busts compared to their overall size.

since i've always been very busty, i think i'd feel wrong if my boobs got small...so i'm not ruling out the possibility of having a boob job once i get to my goal weight. i'll probably need a tummy tuck at that point anyway. :)
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to vent that I am a DD and I hate my boobs because no matter what bra is on my body, my boobs bounce so much when running! It's so embarrassing, to the point where if I see another person while running, I stop til they run by. I now try to run in the country :(

So love your tiny tits.

-Jealous of the B cups.
    (ashleybreanna) Not sure if it would help, but I too am a DD, when I workout (running, crossfit, etc.) I always wear my regular bra under a long sports bra. I started doing this mostly because I could never find adequate sports bras, but find that it really helps with the bounce.

Also with you on B cup envy. :tongue:

You guys need new sports bras! Shock absorber and Freya work for me. No bounce (or very little in the ones that are too big) and I am an H!
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'6 and went from a size B to a size A. On the upside, I went from a size 14 jean, to a loose size 4 (and I'm wearing size 2 shorts/size 0 skirts). It was worth the trade off :smile: Also, the 'girls' are much perkier now-totally can't tell that I nursed three kids for a year each!

Im size 16/18 jean right now. Do they still look proportionate to the rest of your body? I am so afraid because I also have very wide hips.

They do-I'm pear shaped and was always 'bottom heavy'. Now my bottom matches my top much better!
  • frannie_h20
    frannie_h20 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 11inches and have always had big boobies. At my heaviest I was 133lbs and wore a 32 G bra. Decided to lose weight and now at 109lbs. My boobs definitely felt smaller, but also less perky as the skin hasn't really bounced back. Thought I'd definitely have lost a fair few cup sizes but still a 30/32 F.

I was desperately hoping that I might lose more from up top but apparently my body is just designed this way!

Boobs: ruining my life since 2001!
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    If you need boobs to make you feel like a woman, get implants or stay fat.
  • Anewdress
    Options
    I am 5'2". I wear a 34F. They don't shrink. The only thing shrinking is my waist. I am a full on hourglass. And trying to embrace that.
    I think it depends on where you store the fatreserves. I have them on my hips and my boobs. Sometimes I wish my boobs would go down just one size. That would be great. But untill that miracle day, I buy very strong sportbras.
  • Anewdress
    Options
    I'm just going to vent that I am a DD and I hate my boobs because no matter what bra is on my body, my boobs bounce so much when running! It's so embarrassing, to the point where if I see another person while running, I stop til they run by. I now try to run in the country :(

So love your tiny tits.

-Jealous of the B cups.

I used to hold onto my boobs when running.:-) Totally recognise your story!
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    5'3"

When I was in the 170s my boobs were a DD cup, right now I'm a D cup at 156. When I got to my goal weight a few years ago (115) I was wearing a nearly A cup. Boobs can fluctuate A LOT.

I actually kind of liked mine smaller anway ... >_>
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    The amount of breast tissue you have won't change. But if you're storing body fat in your breasts, then yes, you will lose that fat (but not the real breast tissue beneath). Some women, like myself, do not store body fat in their breasts. Therefore, they didn't get big when I gained weight, and they're not getting smaller as I lose it. Only now they LOOK bigger because my waist is shrinking in.

Definitely don't let a cup size be a reason to live overweight.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldn't be in here but as a man let me say that a big butt eclipses big boobs every time.
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Options
    "If you need boobs to make you feel like a woman, get implants or stay fat."

That's rude to say!

I never said i felt less like a women it just would feel weird without them.
    Also I would rather easily detect breast cancer (considering it has happened in my family) than have a large chest.
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Options
    I'm also 5'6 and went from a size B to a size A. On the upside, I went from a size 14 jean, to a loose size 4 (and I'm wearing size 2 shorts/size 0 skirts). It was worth the trade off :smile: Also, the 'girls' are much perkier now-totally can't tell that I nursed three kids for a year each!

Im size 16/18 jean right now. Do they still look proportionate to the rest of your body? I am so afraid because I also have very wide hips.

They do-I'm pear shaped and was always 'bottom heavy'. Now my bottom matches my top much better!
    :] ok! Thank you
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

So love your tiny tits.

-Jealous of the B cups.

where better bras. i'm hh cup and dont have this issue. if I can find bras to hold these puppies down when i'm sprinting at 9 md 10 mph then someone half my size definitely can as well.
  • _namaste_
    _namaste_ Posts: 246
    Options
    Boobs = gone.

They left the building when my body fat got to a happy place (mid 20's?) and somehow managed to deflate even more when I hit low 20's. Surgery is in my future. Straight talk.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Reality for me is, when I gained the weight, the girls got bigger. When I lost it, the girls got smaller. But I'd rather be rockin' a size 2 or 4 jeans and be a memeber of the IBTC than be back in a size 12 ever again.

Small ta-ta's are what Victoria's Secret push up bras were made for.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Boobs = gone.

They left the building when my body fat got to a happy place (mid 20's?) and somehow managed to deflate even more when I hit low 20's. Surgery is in my future. Straight talk.

I have not ruled out surgery myself, although right now I'm just trying to focus my thoughts on repairing my body image issues. I suspect when I get all that crap sorted out, surgery will no longer be necessary.