Apple Cider Vinegar Detox

Options
Have any of you tried the apple cider vinegar detox? In my local Wal-Mart I found WhiteHouse organic apple cider vinegar detox with lemon, cinnamon, and honey. Horrible taste haha, but if anyone else has had success, I thought about sticking it out.

Replies

• hpurtee1hp
    hpurtee1hp Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I would return it and get your money back. It doesn't actually do anything.

Thanks for the advice!!!
  • hpurtee1hp
    Options
    No. Assuming you have a functioning Liver, these "detoxes" are just a waste of money.

Hahaha, awesome!!!
  • LisaMelton1
    LisaMelton1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I found that it was burning my throat and with none of the benefits. Also after research found it will harm your teeth. Waste of time and money.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I'd maybe try a serving of it with an ounce of vodka and about 8 ounces of plain sparkling water, over ice, with a lemon wedge. But it won't help with weight loss**, and if it tasted bad plain, it'll probably taste bad in the mixed drink, too. This stuff tastes good that way, though:

zcsbg8b1igx5.jpg

** I'm a regular ACV drinker (without the vodka, usually ;) ), for reasons having nothing to do with weight loss. During my weight loss, I drank ACV daily for weeks at a time, then drank none for other weeks at a time, all while tracking calories as meticulously as I could. I saw no difference in weight loss rate or appetite when I was drinking ACV vs. when I wasn't. Just my n = 1, though.
  • hpurtee1hp
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar has a lot of health benefits as long as it's got the mother in it (you would see it floating on the bottom). Its super helpful to take a tablespoon of it either straight or mixed in a glass of water as soon as you feel a cold coming on. I wouldn't return it, maybe just don't do the cleanse.

What health benefits?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar has a lot of health benefits as long as it's got the mother in it (you would see it floating on the bottom). Its super helpful to take a tablespoon of it either straight or mixed in a glass of water as soon as you feel a cold coming on. I wouldn't return it, maybe just don't do the cleanse.

A big fat nope. Try yogurt.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    However if you already did buy it , apple cider vinegar gives a nice kick to the Aztec clay face masks... Smells horrible, not the most pleasant face mask glop, but it definitely works better than all my other facemasks especially in the summer heat with no ac, I need something stronger.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Nice to help prevent utis but probably won’t make you lose weight.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Do not listen to this person

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    However if you already did buy it , apple cider vinegar gives a nice kick to the Aztec clay face masks... Smells horrible, not the most pleasant face mask glop, but it definitely works better than all my other facemasks especially in the summer heat with no ac, I need something stronger.

I've had some bad experiences with Aztec masks...
    https://goo.gl/images/JwkkZt