Bikers Here?

Options
2»

Replies

• New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Started riding Dirt bikes in 1968. Bought my first street bike in 1972. Been riding ever since. Currently own this bike. 2012 Yamaha Silverado

gh2d554sx7p5.png

Now that’s a beauty!

I’m waiting patiently for my husband to finish buffing up his 1969 triumph t20. It still has its original silver and purple paint and has been in storage sing the 70/80s and still started first time .
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Been a couple of years since I've ridden, more due to lack of time than desire since I don't ride on the street anymore (last rode on the street in '06 when I had far too many "near misses" from inattentive &/or aggressive cagers). But, have ridden trackdays on sportbikes and SuperMoto. Also ride motocross, harescrambles, trails.

Have had a few bikes over the years. Currently have a '98 CR250R and an '08 CRF450r. The 450 will be converted to SuperMoto so I can take advantage of a small local paved track.
  • AxleAddict
    AxleAddict Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Been a couple of years since I've ridden, more due to lack of time than desire since I don't ride on the street anymore (last rode on the street in '06 when I had far too many "near misses" from inattentive &/or aggressive cagers). But, have ridden trackdays on sportbikes and SuperMoto. Also ride motocross, harescrambles, trails.

Have had a few bikes over the years. Currently have a '98 CR250R and an '08 CRF450r. The 450 will be converted to SuperMoto so I can take advantage of a small local paved track.

If you are starting to ride again, know that when we stop riding, we lose skills and be an inexperienced guy. I'm still learning everyday. I watch a YouTube series about riding and I'm Impressed with the guy who hosts it. The name of his channel is McRider, I think you will find it useful. He gives us real life application of what he teaches us, you should watch that brother.
    Peace.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    My bike is the basement of the Alamo.

My daughter used to watch this on repeat..
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I've been riding for years - started before it was socially acceptable - I got a 650 BSA in 1969 then a 1960 Harley Panhead in 1973. I've been on Harleys since then. - Got a bunch of miles & some scars.
  • WickyR1
    WickyR1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Power Ranger here. :D

37616692081_43f994b714_c.jpg

Grew up riding dirt. I picked up my first street bike (Honda CBR600 F4i) in 2001 and never looked back. Had a Honda CBR929RR, 2 Yamaha R1's, a Honda RC-51 and the current bike is a 2007 Yamaha R6 that I race. Selling the race bike and looking to pick up a dirt bike again and might get a Yamaha Raider in the future.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Started riding Dirt bikes in 1968. Bought my first street bike in 1972. Been riding ever since. Currently own this bike. 2012 Yamaha Silverado

gh2d554sx7p5.png

Very Nice :)
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    AxleAddict wrote: »

If you are starting to ride again, know that when we stop riding, we lose skills and be an inexperienced guy. I'm still learning everyday. I watch a YouTube series about riding and I'm Impressed with the guy who hosts it. The name of his channel is McRider, I think you will find it useful. He gives us real life application of what he teaches us, you should watch that brother.
    Peace.

Just like riding a bike, don't forget how. But, the skills aren't as polished. I've been riding off and on for almost twenty years, with the last 11 being on closed-course or off-road riding. Each time I get back on the bike, I take time to relearn and do some skills courses before going full-bore again.

Have zero desire to ride street again. Too many inattentive *kitten* out there texting, putting on makeup, shoving BigMacs in their faces or think they're king of the road. Perfectly happy riding my tracks or trails. :)