Weird Sports Bra ?'s

Options

Replies

• Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I have four that I like and wear on the regular. They get worn 2-3 times between washings. :sick: I've been around my husband's habits too long.
  • anitap343
    anitap343 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I must be really gross because I only wash my sports bras when they get way too smelly. I own only 5 sports bras. I workout 3-5 times a week and get super sweaty, but I don't care. I know I'm going to be sweaty anyway, so sometimes I don't really care if my bra smells. No one really cares if you smell because you are working out. But I only really like 2 that I rotate. I don't ever wear my other ones unless my 2 in rotation are way too smelly only because they don't provide the support I need. I agree really nice sports bras don't come cheap. Especially if you have a really rare size to find. For me I'm a tiny underbust with not so tiny boobs. So the typical cheap size small will get the underbust but will spill out. If I am lucky I can snag my size on running sites on liquidation or outlet sales. Otherwise buying more and more cheap bras will not solve anything for me.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I hand wash immediately after every workout. I use Jockeys which take a full day to dry, and I treated myself to 5 (they were on sale plus I had a coupon), but I so far am just rotating through the two; I may keep the others aside for when these wear out.

Sweat degrades some materials, so it's a good idea to wash or at least rinse ASAP.

You
    Are
    Joking.

I find it difficult to drag my arms up to get the bra off after sport! I rinse out my HRM band (by wearing it in the shower) but that's it.
    I takes my hat off to yous.

Hell know- I hand wash lots of stuff. Anything with heavy lycra/spandex or elastic **should** be hand washed. I don't- but I do hang dry them all.

Sweat is really bad for them to just sit in... . and mine smell bad enough I couldn't imagine leaving them to much less working out in them again.

That's just rank- not sure how you all do that. I only ever wear a sports bra twice if I don't actually work out- like regular bras- I wear them two/three days in a row as long as I haven't been sweating in them.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Well, why don't you post a few more times on how you don't understand how we can be so filthy and I'm sure you'll get it.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Um... i have 2 and i alternate back and forth until they smell. I know that is probably gonna gross people out but... wtf ever. I've been doing it for over 10 years and my boobs haven't fallen off. ^_^

this. I actually only have 1 that fits well, so I hang it up between uses and wash it on Wednesdays and over the weekend.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I own a few but really only use three of them. I rinse out all my shirts and bras after every workout (and sometimes my pants too depending how sweaty I get) because otherwise my bedroom would smell like a nasty locker room and I have to keep the peace between me and my boyfriend and out respective noses. That being said, I tend to wear mine at least twice maybe three times before it's thrown back in the washing machine for a good washing.
  • RunBakeLove
    RunBakeLove Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have 4 high impact sports bras and two yoga bras. I think how often you wash them depends on how sweaty you get. I tend to wash after use - not immediately, just in the next load. I don't like to spend a ton on mine either - I have found that Gap Fit sports bras are awesome and affordable! I scour the clearance racks everytime I go to the mall. Because of this, all of mine are bright green and neon blue...but I never pay over $20 and they are great quality. Good luck!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Well, why don't you post a few more times on how you don't understand how we can be so filthy and I'm sure you'll get it.

lol
  • JoRocka
    Options

sports bra's are not THAT expensive. They are 12 bucks at Target. About the same as Wal-Mart.

I cannot fathom how that is possible a good idea.

plus- it just smells gross. I can't even stand myself after i've dried off from my workout driving home- I smell.. the thought o putting on that bra again? It's tantamount to putting on period underwear. gross and no need for it AT ALL.

I can get it if you aren't sweating... but it's not that hard to own several or just wash the ones you have- it's not my fault you think it's okay- it's gross. You're defensive because it's gross- but they posted it. If you don't care- then don't care but don't get all snarky about it. It is what it is.
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    About 10, all from UA. Changing immediately after workout (well, I jump in a shower after working out, I don't imagine putting on dirty clothes afterwards). After workouts I just dry them, then throw into laundry basket (throwing wet stuff into laundry basket is a recipe for disaster) where they wait till more stuff is gathered. Wash in a machine, dry in a dryer. Apart from losing little "UA" logo, they're all intact.
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have 6 that I wash after every workout. I have ones from Victoria's Secret (VSX) and Old Navy. I actually think I like the ones from Old Navy better, and they were about $40 cheaper a piece -- eek! Great selection, quality, and price at ON. :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

sports bra's are not THAT expensive. They are 12 bucks at Target. About the same as Wal-Mart.

I cannot fathom how that is possible a good idea.

plus- it just smells gross. I can't even stand myself after i've dried off from my workout driving home- I smell.. the thought o putting on that bra again? It's tantamount to putting on period underwear. gross and no need for it AT ALL.

I can get it if you aren't sweating... but it's not that hard to own several or just wash the ones you have- it's not my fault you think it's okay- it's gross. You're defensive because it's gross- but they posted it. If you don't care- then don't care but don't get all snarky about it. It is what it is.

Buying a $12 bra at target is a waste of time for me. I already have a pile of worthless junk, no need to add to it. Period underwear? Why not just regular used underwear? :laugh: Hey, you're probably right about everything. It's just, you're giving yourself a giant wedgie over others' personal hygiene. Try to relax, okay? Nobody's asking you to be gross like us, we're just sharing here and it'd be somewhat nice (but not required!) to do it sans judgement.
  • Porcelaine22
    Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a *kitten* in church

:heart: You!! :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Buying a $12 bra at target is a waste of time for me. I already have a pile of worthless junk, no need to add to it. Period underwear? Why not just regular used underwear? :laugh: Hey, you're probably right about everything. It's just, you're giving yourself a giant wedgie over others' personal hygiene. Try to relax, okay? Nobody's asking you to be gross like us, we're just sharing here and it'd be somewhat nice (but not required!) to do it sans judgement.

I"m a D... target bra's work just fine.

and maybe if you sold your "pile of worthless junk" you probably could then go purchase the bra's you want. You don't need the latest and greatest fancy bra to support you.

Period underwear- meaning not special underwear- meaning underwear you have bleed.on. why would I Have special underwear for that? You are correct hat's just silly.

I'm most certainly NOT right about everything- lots of things I'm not right about- but and thankfully thinking wearing a sports bra multiple times after sweating in it.. it's neither right nor wrong- it's an opinion- one of which I'm thoroughly entitled. And my opinion is- that it's gross. You do not have to like it. It's okay- much like I don't like those habits- you don't have to like my opinion.

so you rock on with your 2-3 bras that you are very hard on and will wear out much sooner... it's okay- you aren't bothering me in the least- just A. stay away from me. and B. don't get mad when I call you gross. It just is what it is. I am not wedgied- trust me- I dislike wedgies tremendously.

:D
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    To each her own. A bit better without juvenile name calling but I suppose we'll survive just the same!

Do you actually participate in high impact cardiovascular activity? I'm surprised a D would find a $12 bra any kind of useful. There are tons of topics on just how useless those things are and how wasteful trial and error can be but you seem to be immune to it. Good for you and your nice smelling self! Hey, do you want to buy wretched champion and Walmart bras? Happy to sell them to you, I'll just hang on to my TWO gross Fionas, ready, dry, and supportive for me whenever I need them.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    LOL

I find them quiet adequate- and if I feel they don't- then I double up.

My favorites are a 16$ one from wal-mart that looks like it would do absolutely nothing for you but it works great- I don't double up ever with that one either. I have three of them and rotate those through the week subbing in my dying cheapies- I do double those up because the elastic is dying... I will actually use one of those over a regular bra if I forgot. I'm not about to be flopping everywhere.

I do not run.... but I do a lot of HIIT- a lot of jumping- a lot of burpees and I'm a dancer- and I dance quiet a bit.
    I do jump rope.... but I find that it has less to do with the bra and more to do with jumping technique to be honest.

I am at the gym 7 days a week- and I drench my stuff- I have to have a solid rotation. I would throw up if I put on the old ones LOL_ they get so rank- I do laundry 2x a week too. Shrug- I'll have to look at this Fionas brand- never heard of it.

I'm really picky about spending money on bras- I hate spending lots on them-I'm SO hard on them- I can't stand the idea of spending tons of money on them when what i have works just fine- I'd rather spend the money on costumes or make up. make up snob... LOL I am indeed.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Hahahah. But come on!! Your dozen bras compared to my two we probably spent the same amount :laugh: I've heard about doubling up, I promise I'll try to think about wrapping my mind around this one day :-) I do not run either, I do love me some HIIT. I just abbreviated the brand to Fiona. It's actually the Fiona bra by Moving Comfort. It's got a rear close like a regular bra and adjustable Velcro straps for the shoulders. It's amazing how much of a difference just a 1/2" adjustment made for impact support.

I do love the idea of washing these frigging things using shampoo. I could buy that $1 shampoo that I snobbed the other day. That is motivation to struggle with washing the things every other day to get such pleasant smelling sports bras! I've buy a whole slew of fragrances just to get the scent I want every other day. Maybe. For now I'll just do moderate BO (that you can only smell if you stand really really close and sniff very hard!)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    It's possible. But I'm okay- I'm not even remotely unhappy with my cheapies. I only have doubled up on them as they start dying. LOL

I use woolite to wash my dance costumes- easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Other thing would be volkda water mix 50/50- sanitizes- smells much fresher- we use them on dance costumes (I prefer to just you know- wash mine LOL- I swear I"m not a germa-phobe!!!)

but yes- there is something to be said for spending good money on a good product- I'd have had way better make up now had I just spent the money on quality make up instead of running through probably 100-200$ worth of drug store brand crap.

:D
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I have 4. but I have to wear 2 at once for the cheaper less supportive ones and mine are so old and probably not doing much anymore, so I also wear a compression tank and that seems to help. I wash mine every time also as they are soaked every time i run.

Is it really bad to have the same one for like 3 years? haha..

Also, I feel bad for those women who because they are bigger it's that much more $$. Average sized good ones are expensive enough!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Wow, ladies, doubling up on sports bras is really bad for you. Especially if you're using the stretchy crop-top looking ones that just smash your breasts into your chest. Not good. Not good. Might as well work out topless. Doubling up on sports bras and/or using low quality sports bras causes tissue migration. Do you complain of back fat or underarm fat? Chances are that it's migrated breast tissue from wearing ****ty bras!

I'm a 30G and the only sports bra that fits me is a Panache that cost about $80. Since it's so costly, I only have one. I don't wash it every time I use it, I just let it air out by hanging it up. This bra is seriously like chest plate armor, keeps the girls in place and it hasn't seemed to stretch out. Before I properly sized myself, I was wearing 34DD underwire elastic sports bras that allowed my goodies to bounce all over the place.