Pledging my support to you in return for yours!

Options
I've been blessed to almost hit my goal weight.... so many times.... but now for the past 2 years, I've been 10-15lbs from what I set out to achieve.

Why? That last 5% is so damn hard to grab and I think a lot of people can relate to that. Being an avid wine drinker hasn't helped me much except soothing the ole soul.

So many of us get so close to our goals and fall short at that last steep step. That last 5% is the hardest. I am there now and feeling that struggle.

I want to offer any type of motivation and encouragement that I can to everyone here.

Whether you just started your journey, or you're halfway there, or chasing that 5-10% to your goal, it doesn't matter. We all started, and we are all going to finish, and it's so much easier when you have others pushing you and cheering you on.

Add me for free likes and motivation and I'll do the same! We will crush these goals together!

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @hydrostation Self-sabotage is real. It is committed in the unconscious mode on autopilot. There's the brain weight and dream weight. The two don't often agree with one another. The only thing I care about as far as weight loss is concerned is actually maintaining weight loss for the rest of one's life.

I'm no longer interested in wild swings UP and down with weight and starting over and over and over again. It messes with your head. I'm not a dieter on a temporary diet. That flies in the face of managing maintenance. I call it returning back to original factory settings before dieting was ever a part of my life.

This time, it sounds like you're ready to push through the mind warp of self-sabotage. You look good in the photo but it's understood that you want to reach your dream weight. Do you have a solid strategy in place to meet this challenge head on, flipping the switch and pulling the rug out from underneath the brain's desire to see you stay exactly where you are.

Those deep grooves in the brain enjoy taking the path of least resistance. Permanent changes require new cognitive behaviors and practice, practice, practice. I support all of your efforts and may you break the old cycles that you no longer want.

• marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

It really is hard sometimes but at least everyone here is in this together.

Happy to support
  • Sigma28
    Sigma28 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm a great supporter and in need of the same. I've got goals to crush as well. I've sent you a friend request.