Calorie help!!

Options
LauraSrock18
LauraSrock18 Posts: 125 Member
edited July 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey al! In June, i stopped working with my coach and started counting calories at MFP recommendation. I was eating 1,300-1,485, then I followed MFP at 1,760! Since switching I’ve maintained at 176 just bouncing up at down! Some people recommended I drop my calories down so I’ve been eating around 1,500 but I know that’ll be difficult during the weekends. So I’m contemplating eating at 1,500 during the week & the increasing to 1,700-1,900 on weekends! Thoughts?

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Typo? Did you mean to say 7650?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Many use weekly calories and distribute them however they wish.

So, 1650x7=11550. If you eat 1500 each weekday, that leaves 4050 total for the weekend.

How long has it been that you've been bouncing up and down at 176? Water weight can mask fat loss in the short term. It could also be a logging/calorie burn estimating issue.

MFP gives an estimate so that you have a place to start. Your personal calorie needs for weight loss and maintenance may differ. You can get a more accurate picture after you collect enough data.
  • Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    From looking at your food diary, it doesn't seem that you are weighing everything. Are you using a food scale for everything?
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Kim_S_G wrote: »
    From looking at your food diary, it doesn't seem that you are weighing everything. Are you using a food scale for everything?

In addition to this, are you logging everything? There seems to be a nearly complete lack of vegetables. Do you not eat vegetables, or are you not logging them? If you eat them but aren't logging them, I'd suggest weighing and logging veggies as well as weighing everything else you're eating.

Regarding your actual question, eating more on the weekends is no big deal, so long as you aren't hindering your goals by doing so (which I know for you is weight loss). A lot of people look at their weekly totals rather than daily. However, you should make sure you are logging accurately first, or despite lowering your calories to 1500 weekdays, the higher calorie weekends combined with inaccurate logging may cancel your deficit. Or your deficit may be so small that it takes a while to see a loss on the scale.