Temporary water weight?

Options
I have come off indapamide (water tablets) as I was getting light headed after standing up. I am made up I am off these tablets as been on them for 10 years (although I am still on ramipril for hypertension). My question is I stopped taking them 10 days ago and since then I have put on 10lb water weight (I know its water as I have been logging accurately). Im guessing its a side effect of stopping the medication but will the extra water weight go or is this my new weight since I am not on water tablets anymore? Thanks.

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    This is a good question for your doctor, but I believe it’s your new weight. You were taking pills that got rid of water and now you’re not taking them. They apparently worked. There is no reason to think it will now go away on its own unless your doctor is having you make other changes. This kind of systemic water retention is different from temporary water retention due to travel or a high sodium meal.
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. Yes I thought that might be the case. Small price to pay since my blood pressure is more normal now.