Healthywage

Options
2»

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    So where does the extra money come from if you win. I had a quick look but didn't want to put my email address in just to find out my prize money. I will assume a lot of people will NEVER make the weight loss and it is their money that pays out the people who do.

Haven’t done Healthy Wage, but i did a Diet Bet years ago. 6 months and with the 1% loss per month it came out to about 15 pounds total for me. It was doable and it made me keep really rigorous track as folks were dropped out every month and everyone who didn’t have only their last month’s worth to go was dropped from the contest after month 5 to ensure no crash dieting in a race to the end.

I wasn’t using Happy Scale then (wish I was) but I was using MFP. I can’t imagine undertaking something like that without good logging. The stress of the weekly weigh-ins was kinda icky for me. Actually a lot icky. So much pressure on that one day. Could really lead to some bad behavior.

I did it once, got where I needed to be and never did another one.

• amybroccoli86
    amybroccoli86 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I started HealthyWage on July 17th and I'm losing 75 lb within 12 months! My first time using HW..eek. I have to lose about 1.4 lb per week to reach my goal and I'm on track so far. If anyone wants to add me and write a note to let me know you're doing HealthyWage too in your message, I will add you as a friend on MFP! I could use the support :)
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I started HealthyWage on July 17th and I'm losing 75 lb within 12 months! My first time using HW..eek. I have to lose about 1.4 lb per week to reach my goal and I'm on track so far. If anyone wants to add me and write a note to let me know you're doing HealthyWage too in your message, I will add you as a friend on MFP! I could use the support :)

I see this is a new response to an old thread... I just signed up for HW also. My goal is only 15 pounds & I set it for 9 months. I should be at goal well before then, but then I need to MAINTAIN it. Since I'll need to be at/below goal STILL in April for my final weighin. My profit will be small, as I don't have a big # to lose, but I don't want to lose my $25/mo investment either!