I need easy cheap sweet recipes!

ASAIAHSMOMMY
ASAIAHSMOMMY Posts: 14 Member
I'm going on day 4 keto and I'm craving reeses cups brownies and ice cream etc!! Anyone have any recipes to curve my craving?? I've tried atkins bars and sugar free jello but I need something chocolate that tastes good that doesn't cost alot.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited July 2018
    A square of 90% dark chocolate? 2.8g of carbs in 20g... Put some Pb on it.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    I'm always amazed at how few calories there are in meringues. Generally good for satisfying my cravings
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    here you can find a lot of keto desserts and hopefully there are also cheap ones

https://www.ruled.me/keto-recipes/dessert
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Deviette wrote: »
    I'm always amazed at how few calories there are in meringues. Generally good for satisfying my cravings

Except they come with a lot of sugar...
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    edited July 2018
    Omelette made with a little sweetener, chia seeds, a few dark chocolate chips and berries. Very filling and like eating pancakes.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    recently we enjoyed a smooth cottage cheese / sugar free fruit jelly / whipped cream dessert. Delicious. Easy to mix - add jelly powder, a little cream and cottage cheese and mix. Let set in fridge. Serve with some whipped cream on top. It also freezes well, could be an ice cream substitute.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Have you ever made protein fluff? It's like a light whipped ice cream.
  • Sandie020
    Sandie020 Posts: 53 Member
    edited July 2018
    I love making eaton mess: merinque nest, fresh strawberries and a yogurt mix it all up in a bowl and serve delish :smiley:
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2018
    I'm going on day 4 keto and I'm craving reeses cups brownies and ice cream etc!! Anyone have any recipes to curve my craving?? I've tried atkins bars and sugar free jello but I need something chocolate that tastes good that doesn't cost alot.

I used to do some lower carb. You would LOVE this one. It was so simple too. I once took a jar of no sugar added peanut butter (the smallest jar), some cocoa powder (around 1/3 cup) and one can of full fat coconut milk (standard size). Now I'm not sure if the PB itself without the added sugar would be too many carbs for you but blend these with a blender and then put in popsicle molds. OMG, like a frozen Reese Cup. It was so amazing. My daughter was visiting at the time and ate nearly all of them. Had a great very high quality ice cream consistency too.

This makes around 10 or so popsicles with my molds, so I'm guessing around 12g carbs, which might be too much for keto, depending on the rest of your day. I suppose you could add Stevia or something but, honestly the PB gives it enough sweetness along with the Can of Coconut Milk (2g a serving -- nearly all fat).

These aren't low cal at all -- around 280 a pop but one is so worth the calories.
  • skysmom26
    skysmom26 Posts: 61 Member

I would suggest waiting a few weeks before you give in to any cravings and then choose a good sugar free low carb option.
  • Princesstri
    Princesstri Posts: 18 Member
    I do homemade hot cocoa. 6oz hot water, 1T unsweetened Hershey’s cocoa, 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk and, if you need, either a tsp of coconut oil or a T of full fat coconut milk. Stevia or whatever your go-to keto sweetener is, to taste. Satisfies the sweet tooth and the chocolate cravings with almost no carbs and not a lot of calories.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Yummy!!!!!!
  • jogetsgains
    jogetsgains Posts: 341 Member
    skysmom26 wrote: »

I would suggest waiting a few weeks before you give in to any cravings and then choose a good sugar free low carb option.

That is really the best advice. I cut sugar/sweet completely when I started my low carb diet and indulged in other foods that I loved like ribs and steak and veggies swimming in butter. Then after about 2 weeks I brought back blueberries in cream. After the sugar hiatus I was actually able to taste the sweetness of the blueberries. I had to be careful of sweetners being triggers for a few months, but now the sugar free options taste good to me and are satisfying. It takes time to train your body to let go of sugar addiction, but it is so worth it!!
    When you are ready, hungry elephant and low carb yum are a couple good youtube channels for keto desserts.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    A square of 90% dark chocolate? 2.8g of carbs in 20g... Put some Pb on it.

Great idea to pb on my dark chocolate square!
  • knap_123
    knap_123 Posts: 5 Member
    Power Balls!!
    Walmart brand oatmeal,jar of honey roasted peanut butter, dark chocolate chips,raisins, vanilla extract, cinnamon.
    Pour oats in blender and pulse till ground up. I like a good grindy,almost powdery. But not total powder. Hope that makes sense. Lol
    Next use a mixing bowl. Pour on ground oats, add peanut butter. Start with 3/4 jar. Save a little so if to dry. You can add rest later.
    Add chocolate chips and raisins to your satisfaction. Add vanilla and cinnamon to you satisfied as well. I don't measure, I just add it in. If your mix feels to dry. Add rest of peanut butter.
    Mix well, and use hands to roll meatball size balls out. Store in a container and enjoy. Play with the receipe, add coconut or whey protein.