Simple at home exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• phillipsk_07
    phillipsk_07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Look up exercise videos on YouTube and do them. I do the Jillian Michaels ones and I do step aerobics like that. It’s free and a great way to switch things up since they have yoga, HIIT, step, etc...
  • redefinefit
    redefinefit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out dumbbellsbarbells.mypthub.net there’s a lot of different programs on there for all abilities
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    jumping jacks and burpees!!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    bpotts44 wrote: »
    Kettlebells are cheap and brutally effective

This. If you don't go overboard on the weight, you can do kettlebell swings watching TV and get into a rhythm like rowing. Just make sure to watch a video to learn it. main thing is keeping back straight and hinging at the hips. Get a little heavier kettlebell and it starts shaping you like a pretty full workout. Takes almost no space to store it and 5 seconds to get out and put away. I use it more than most at home exercise gadgets because of that. Got an extra minute or two? Get in some swings.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good suggestions - he is mine - you said you have a long barbell -If you can do a few body weight squats - squat the barbell - also pick it up from the floor and put it over your head. Google Squats and clean and press - Alan Thrall on you tube is a good source for instruction.
    When it gets easy with the bare bar , put some weight on it , then repeat as often as necessary.
    those 2 exercises will get most of the muscles in your body
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    Log on to FitnessBlender.com and pick a workout.

If you are a complete beginner stick to the difficulty level 1-3 workouts to avoid injury or over doing it. You will need to create an account to join Fitness Blender, but it’s free & there’s no catch. You can purchase an actual program with them as well, it’s just the free exercises scheduled and organized for you. They have a beginner program to buy as well. Jessica Smith also has a YouTube channel and you can access lots of free beginner workouts there too.

• stryder6987
    stryder6987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This. If you don't go overboard on the weight, you can do kettlebell swings watching TV and get into a rhythm like rowing. Just make sure to watch a video to learn it. main thing is keeping back straight and hinging at the hips. Get a little heavier kettlebell and it starts shaping you like a pretty full workout. Takes almost no space to store it and 5 seconds to get out and put away. I use it more than most at home exercise gadgets because of that. Got an extra minute or two? Get in some swings.

Can you suggest some videos or programs that could help get someone (a beginner) started? This could be something I could do in my small apartment.
    Much appreciated.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options

Can you suggest some videos or programs that could help get someone (a beginner) started? This could be something I could do in my small apartment.
    Much appreciated.

I like this one for the swing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSxHifyI6s8

That and rows are about all I do with the kettlebell. Rows are pretty easy:

Here is a standard row:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/one-arm-kettlebell-row

I have some knee and back trouble and make adjustments that are closer to standing up, so I am a little hesitant about giving you too much info on rows as what I do is non standard.