Best watch/tracker for someone who loves numbers (hence running on a treadmill)

Options
2»

Replies

• tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I used my Android phone and utilize the GPS, it doesn't work indoors so I have to run outside. It's pretty much everything I need, I have two setting where it counts my pace, one where I make one hundred steps per minute when I'm walking or 180 when I'm running, I had to train myself how to run 180 paces per minute for a couple of weeks in order to use this setting.

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    Oh, right. I forgot about the Garmin Vivosmart HR+'s performance on my wrist regarding heart rate. When I start a run, it doesn't register properly for the first 10 minutes of the run. The Fitbit gives me good data from minute 1. Chest straps may well be the better technology, and I understand that the Fitbit doesn't work as well for everyone, but I am a pale, not very hairy person, and the tech works really well for me. I don't know why Garmin's doesn't. It works well enough from minute 11. But losing that first 10 minutes is really frustrating.

My guess would be the built in GPS. I have some issues with the new Fitbit ionic fuel to the built in GPS. I can't just go run, I have to wait for the GPS to connect first or I lose some of it.

That *could* be it. It also makes me wait to pick up GPS, and I am not patient enough to stand around for an additional 10 minutes after it tells me it's ready. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to give it another try. Maybe wear 3 wristbands for a few runs. I currently stick the Pokemon band on the same wrist as the Fitbit, anyway.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Garmin 935.

/thread

Seconded.

All the features of the Fenix line (except the mapping capabilities of the 5X) in a lighter, smaller, polymer casing. Pairs with many different ANT+ and Bluetooth accessories (HRM straps, footpods, power meters, temp sensors, etc.) and if you're an information junkie, it gives you tons of data to look at/play with. Also allows you to control the music on your phone (but doesn't have its own music storage capabilities).

DCRainmaker's (incredibly in-depth) review: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/03/garmin-forerunner-935-depth-review.html