Halo Top Competition

Options
DKG28
DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
I just found a new reduced calorie ice cream that's even more amazing and ice-cream like than Halo Top. It's Chilly Cow. My local Walmart carries it. Comes in 1/2 pint single serving sizes, 2 containers in a package. 180 calories with 10g protein per 1/2 pint. The caramel browned butter is amazing! It's made with ultra-filtered milk (like Fairlife - which is what I use milk-wise - higher protein content per serving, and creamier at a lower fat percentage than regular milk). I hope my store gets more flavors!

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try it. Glad it's in Walmart. A lot of times these products will come out and they're nowhere near my little town, lol.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yep! It's sooo good. But both my husband and I get very upset tummy's from it. My recommendation: start slow!
  • DanniB78
    DanniB78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chillycow is the best! Caramel is my favorite flavor too.
  • tcrazyc
    tcrazyc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the chilly cow caramel, too. I like that it is two distinct servings.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Chilly Cow > Enlightened > Halo Top (and it's a close contest between Chilly Cow and Enlightened).

IMO, YMMV, etc.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    there are a few competitions, sadly i get none of them here. IN fact, we just recently got Halo to begin with.

Enlightened is supposed to be one of the better ones. Breyers has a few low cals ones but only three flavours available, the choco is good.

apparently Ben and JErry's are coming out with a line of lower cal ice cream - would love to try those.
    https://www.benjerry.com/flavors/moophoria

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    In Australia they have just released Fropro. It is high protein, low carb and low calorie. The salted caramel is divine. It leaves Halo Top for dead.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    In Australia they have just released Fropro. It is high protein, low carb and low calorie. The salted caramel is divine. It leaves Halo Top for dead.

Fropro has been out for ages! I found the texture weird and taste not great.... Haven't tried salted caramel though and perhaps they've changed the recipe.
  • Lillymoo01
    Options

Fropro has been out for ages! I found the texture weird and taste not great.... Haven't tried salted caramel though and perhaps they've changed the recipe.

You must be referring to a different one Fro Pro is an Australian icecream which hasn't been out for ages. It is still in its infancy really.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    edited August 2018
    Options

You must be referring to a different one Fro Pro is an Australian icecream which hasn't been out for ages. It is still in its infancy really.

Nope, same one.... It's been in the freezer of our woolies for ages. I've noticed they've recently changed the packaging though.
    ETA - their insta page goes back to 2016
  • Lillymoo01
    edited August 2018
    Options

Nope, same one.... It's been in the freezer of our woolies for ages. I've noticed they've recently changed the packaging though.

Are you actually a fellow Australian on these boards? I admit I have only tried it recently but know they have changed the recipe which could make the taste and texture more appealing. That or it doesn't bother me. For vanilla though the Peter's no added sugar wins hands down for taste and price.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

Are you actually a fellow Australian on these boards? I admit I have only tried it recently but know they have changed the recipe which could make the taste and texture more appealing. That or it doesn't bother me. For vanilla though the Peter's no added sugar wins hands down for taste and price.

Yes, and yes. Although I might give Fropro another shot to compare it to halo top... When it's on special!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    If my little Walmart ever carries it, I will probably try it, but they all taste like frozen sadness to me.
  • Lillymoo01
    Options

Yes, and yes. Although I might give Fropro another shot to compare it to halo top... When it's on special!

My local Woolies (Adelaide) had it for $8 yesterday but that may not be Australia wide.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

My local Woolies (Adelaide) had it for $8 yesterday but that may not be Australia wide.

It is :)
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about competitive eating based on the title. Hmmm a competition with ice cream...imagine the brain freeze!
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I also really like Chilly Cow. I am trying to train myself to eat more regular portions, and I like that Chilly Cow is a more "normal" serving size. With Halo Top, I can fit a whole pint into my calorie day, but I don't need to be eating an entire pint of ice cream. That leads to later thinking an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's is normal.
  • mjrc2
    mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Lol, sometimes a woman just needs that pint of ice cream though! I actually have never had Halo Top, and will be picking some up tomorrow if I can find it.
  • PRBaldwin5459
    PRBaldwin5459 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Being eating a pint of halo quite often in my 1200 cal allowance it work well. I don’t end up cheating or eating more fatty or high carbs been using Fitbit and fitness pal for 350 days down 84 pounds. Normal BMI and had a total right hip done during this last 6 months. If I eat 3 pints a week better then to keep reaching for something else. Great success to you all
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I've been eating Breyers regular frozen dairy dessert recently since it's cheaper & you get more servings per container.